hello

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by desireeanne, 13 January 2011 Social URL.

1. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    hi wanted to introduce myself im desiree i was given my prescription for xenical today and plan to start it within the next few days i really hope it works for me im a mum of 5 and need to loose 90 pounds i am currently 288 pounds, i have never seen myself as youck and ugly but i dont want to be this size anymore and its started to really get to me
    i am not a fit person can anybody suggest a excericse regime to start with ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Hey desireeanne, welcome!

I'm not fit either but really enjoy Zumba! Or you could just start going for long walks around your local area - free and fun! The weather might be rubbish but you'll start to warm up as you walk ;)

Do you have a gym membership?

Good luck xxx

4. Passiflora

Passiflora Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!

Diet:
    WW
    Hi, welcome to the forum!

Like evilpenguin, I also love my Zumba! I've recently joined our local gym and do quite a bit of cardio work in there, also walking is really good way to make a start with your exercising. I'm currently doing either gym or Zumba four nights a week, and seem to be resting at the weekend.

Zumba is good for anyone because you can do it at your own level, and when you look around, everyone is doing it slightly different, so you don't feel like your doing it wrong!

Good luck!!

5. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    thanks for the replys

i have picked up my tablets and started by take my pup for a half hour walk

its all a bit scary but exciteing

6. *Emma

*Emma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi desiree, welcome to the forum! Walking is an excellent way to start for those of us with joint problems. Try walking for half an hour to begin with, then as your body adjusts to it, try increasing the length of time you walk, or try walking a little faster to burn more calories. Take it slowly and increase gradually and you'll be feeling fitter in no time! :)

7. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    hi and thanks
    i ended up takeing pup for another 1/2 hour walk and tried zumba today

8. *Emma

*Emma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How did you find the zumba? I'm interested in trying it too but I haven't gotten round to it yet.

9. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    hey there im currently training to be a fitness instructor and in process of learning everything there is.. i started at 25 stone and could only manage walking a few minutes before having to sit down so i say walking at home is great , if you dont feel comfy goiing to the gym remember the trick is to MOVE doesnt matter what you do as long as your body is moving you are burning calories and speeding up your metabolic heart rate (metabolism) . putting music on and dancing on your own was a good one for me , a mini trampoline also is great as its low impact.. if you have the wii a few good wii games are now out which i think give good but doable exercises.. also a few dvds let me know and ill give my advice on which dvds ect i think are good x

10. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    with the zumba i did find i had to take a break a few times and did not do the whole thing i did 3 moves but was quite happy with my slef because i tried it i was thinking maybe walk one day and zumba the next so im not doing the same thing all the time

11. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    PiiNK_PuNkStarr x yes i am definetly intrested in whatever advice and experience you have i want to lose 90 ibs so got a long way to go

i am currently 18 stone, how did you managae to losse so much weight every month?
    thats a huge feet congratualtions for doing so well

12. *Emma

*Emma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's great that you went to Zumba, it doesn't matter that you had to sit out for a while, at least you stuck with it and finished the session! You'll find it gets easier once you get used to it.

I'm 17 and a half stone, so I've got a lot to lose too. I think the best way is to just stick with the exercise and keep to the rules of low fat meals. It's simple, but it works! :)

13. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    yeah i pushed myself on my walk last night my poor dog didnt know what hit him who would have thought i could walk faster then him lol

14. *Emma

*Emma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Haha that's great! It'll become easier to walk faster and for longer as you get used to it, so keep it up. I walk half an hour to university and half an hour back five days a week and I try to fit in 3 or 4 Wii Fit sessions of at least 30 minutes a week too. I want to join the gym but I'm a bit embarrassed still. But it's my goal for this month, so I'll have to pluck up the courage soon!

15. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    Hi desiree, welcome to the forum! Wish you all the best with your weightloss!

16. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    19lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers and 16:8 intermittent fasting
    Hi desiree, well done with doing the zumba i would love to do something like that but where i am there is nothing.. I live in a tiny little village and currently dont drive so not easy to get anywhere that does this!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.