Hello :)

WelshCupcake

I would like to say hello to everyone... My name is Vicky and I am hoping to start induction next week after my shop has been done. I was wondering if you all had some tips for a newbie and what helped you to get all your amazing results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

i'm an atkins virgin of one week so read the site well and good luck ......... be watching out for you x

read the stickies at the top and then the menu thread.....

newbies?we call it clean and green.....no processed meat....green veg and enough cream, butter and cheese to top up your 20g carbs per day. x

Hi Vicky, welcome :)

Thanks everyone happy to be here :) Sorry it took so long to reply but been busy with work. You are all so lovely here and very experienced with atkins, its nice to see that you give up your time to help new members along their journey too. I will probably have many questions along the way and I have a long way to go so will be a frequent visitor here. Just waiting to get my shop done and then I can start been reading up for a while now so I hope I can do this and get the weight off once and for all :newbie:

Hi guys... thanks for the lovely welcome will be sure to keep you all updated. Not set a date for starting yet but should be within the next week or so :D

Be sure to join in on the weekly weigh-in/monthly targets thread! I think short term goals really help - also a bit of competition can only be a good thing :)

Welcome to the most enjoyable 'diet' in the world! We oldtimers think of it as a way of eating, a way of life, and not just a diet.

Follow the rules and you will be fine. Buy the books too - they are cheap on ebay or Amazon. The more you read up on this, the better and easier it will be for you.

Have a look at the official site, The Atkins Community. That site tells you everything you could need to know.

Good luck!

Thanks again for all the tips and welcome... I am going to have a read of the book again today and make some notes as its getting close to d-day lol. To be honest I can't wait now am motivated and ready to go for it. I bought a measuring tape today as I have heard you can lose inches without losing lbs sometimes, I hope thats not the case as I am a numbers girl always seem happier when I see that scale going down :D

Hi Welshcupcake:)...and welcome! Im a newbie too...on day 5. Everyone is so friendly here:) Just a tip...make sure you have some paracetamol handy and drink plenty of water...the first few days can make you feel a bit rough...its just carb withdrawl ...but after the first few days you will feel amazing! I feel like that today!!

Hi Vicky and welcome love

Hi Welshcupcakes:) Hope you have a good day:)

Hi Sorcha and Welshcupcake how are you both? Hope you are having a fabulous day xx

Back