Hello!

Lol nope! It was a great big surprise! Nearly fell off the scales! x

Hello

Food diary for yesterday
Breakfast:
20g puffed wheat (like Sugarpuffs but without sugar on - 4 syns), skimmed milk (part of HEA) and sweetener.
Tea break: water and a Mullerlight.
Lunch break: 3 Ryvitas (HEB) with 3 LCLCT (4.5 syns) and cucumber, Walker's Squares (5.5 syns), an apple, orange, grape and pineapple snack pot (sf) and some water.
Dinner: grilled lean bacon, fried (in Fry Light) eggs, canned plum tomatoes (sf), 2 slices wholemeal Nimble (5 syns) with 2 LCLCT (3 syns) and a cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Snack in the evening: Walker's Squares (5.5 syns) and a Greek Style Mullerlight (0.5 syns).

Drank water throughout the day and low cal squash throughout the evening.

Syns: 25
:busted: Did a 12 hour shift though which was quite physically demanding so I may have counteracted the naughties a little bit ;) (I can hope! Lol)

Food diary for today (so far)
Breakfast:
french toast made with 2 slices wholemeal Nimble (HEB) dipped in egg beaten with sweetener and cinnamon and fried in Frylight, with clear honey (3 syns) and orange (sf) on top and a cuppa made with skimmed milk (part of HEA).

Be back later to update my food diary, have a good day everyone xx

Hello :wavey:

I'm really annoyed, I just updated my last post with the rest of yesterday's food diary, it took me ages to work out the syns (because I had slightly too many :whistle:) and then it lost it all. But anyway it was the same old story, I picked and had things I shouldn't have and in the end I had about 63.5 syns!

Food diary for today
Breakfast:
Oatso Simple Original porridge (HEB) made with skimmed milk (part of HEA) and sweetener and a cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Lunch: SW scone, pickled onions and Ainsley Harriot Spice Sensation Cous Cous (2 syns).
Dinner: lean lamb steaks, SW chips and peas with a blob of ketchup (1 syn).
Snack: melon, pineapple, strawberries and grapes (sf) with Mullerlight on, 3 slices of almost syn-free sponge (1 syn for whole lot.........3/8 of a syn?) and some Walker's Quavers (4.5 syns).

Need to eat loads more superfrees and drink tonnes more water. Update: ate some superfrees and on my third 500ml glass of water
:waterbottle:

I just made an almost syn free sponge. Should be interesting to see how it tastes..........Update: It's ok, I can really taste the artificial sweetener which is not perfect but I can also taste the lemon which is nice. It's nice to have something different
:) I won't have as much tomorrow.

Syns: 7.5 + 3/8 of a syn
;)

xxx

Last edited:
Hi Katie, I'm gonna be a bit severe here, the way my sisters are with me.. I fear you are falling into the same trap I have in the past...baking? It may be low syn per sliced, but only compared to other cakes!! Do you really need to make cake's and scones? I got into baking a while back and ended up scoffing everything! If you are serious about dropping the pounds, baking is not a good place to start!

Hey catxscotch :wavey:

Thank you, I can see what you mean however the reason I bake is to make sure I vary what I eat.

The scones are made from cheddar and onion Smash, fat free natural cottage cheese and egg all mixed together and then baked. The sponge is plain mashed potato flakes, 2 tsp baking powder (1 syn), eggs, sweetener and lemon rind and juice. So they are either syn free or have a minuscule syn value. I have found in the past that eating all the same things becomes boring and then I go off plan so therefore I try and make different things and keep it interesting. We have been warned not to go mad on the scones and sponge as we need to fill up on superfree fruit and veg but they just make a nice accompaniment to things.

I know there's a danger that I might go mad and scoff them all but to be honest I could do that with normal syn-ladened things as well. There's always risk. Plus I'm more likely to binge on crisps than sweet things. Both recipes are approved by our SW consultant and if I found I wasn't loosing weight because I was having too many scones and almost syn free sponges then I'd lay off them.

Thank you though, I appreciate what you're saying. My faults are more with sneaking the crackling that's in the fridge at the moment! I can't chuck it because my family may want it. I haven't had any today though, I've been good
:innocent0002:

xx

Ooooh they sound delicious! Forgive me Katie, when i seen scones I automatically thought syns!! Thanks for the recipe, might try it some time! Keep up the good work anyway!!

Good evening :D

Hope everyone has had a good day!

Food diary
Breakfast:
35g Shredded Wheat Bitesize (HEB) with skimmed milk (part of HEA) and banana and sweetener on top and a pear (sf).
Lunch: SW scone, pickled onions (sf) and lean ham.
Mid-afternoon: Quavers (4.5 syns) and 2 slices of almost syn free sponge (2/8 of a syn).
Dinner: chicken casserole made with chicken (obviously!), carrots (sf), stock, canned chopped tomatoes (sf) and herbs with roasted (in Fry Light) new potatoes and green beans (sf).
Snacks (planned): fruit, Quavers and Mullerlight.

Been drinking water, Pepsi Max and peppermint tea. Need to eat some more superfrees this evening
:D

​xxx

How did it go? X

Hello!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while! I lost half a pound last night which to be honest I was happy with and not at all disappointed. I worked last night and the night before and wasn't 100% on plan (when am I ever?
;)) so I knew I wasn't going to drop loads of pounds this week. Half a pound off is much better than staying the same or putting on. I'm happy that I have consistently lost weight every week. Anyway.......I'm 3.5 pounds off my stone award! I wonder if I'll do it this week?!

xx

miss_katie169 said:
I'm 3.5 pounds off my stone award!

Ooh 'citing! I'm 2lb away from my stone award, let's try and get them this week! Well done on the loss x

Katie, where have you gone! X

I'm back!!!

I've been crap and haven't been posting and this has been mostly because I haven't been brilliant with the plan this week (even worse than usual!) and I've been busy with placement as well. Weighed-in last night and had lost a pound which was great really. It's still coming off slowly and honestly in my heart of hearts I'm happy with it.

So this week is a new week, I'm still here, still following the plan. I haven't eaten yet today because I slept in and then went straight in the shower. I'm Hank Marvin now! But I'll go and have something delicious and healthy to eat
:eatdrink051:

Will come and update when I've eaten and know what I'm eating later. Hope everyone is well xxxxx

Good to see you back x

Good afternoon ladies and gents :wavey:

I didn't return to finish my food diary for Friday lol. Again I cheated and again I avoided facing up to it.

Friday's Food Diary
Lunch (got up late):
wholemeal roll (HEB) with one LCLCT (1.5 syns) as spread, 2 chicken tikka mini breast fillets (0.5 syns if that?) and cucumber (sf) and some Walkers French Fries (4.5 syns) and a cuppa made with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Dinner: SW chips, fried (in Fry Light) eggs and beans and a Mullerlight for pudding.
Evening snacks (this is where it went wrong): crisps and chocolate and wine (didn't really count so +++ syns).

Syns: more than I should have had!

Saturday's Food Diary
Breakfast:
lean grilled bacon and fried (in Fry Light) egg toastie sandwich made with 2 slices Weight Watchers wholemeal grained bread (8 syns - didn't realise they were that much!) and 2 LCLCT (3 syns) as spread and a cuppa made with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Lunch: Walkers Squares (5.5 syns).
Mid-afternoon: Walkers Squares (5.5 syns).
Dinner: takeaway curry and lager shandy made with full fat lager and 7UP.
Evening snacks: crisps and chocolate and wine
:ashamed0005:

Syns: loads again
:doh:

Today's Food Diary
Breakfast:
grilled lean bacon, fried (in Fry Light) eggs and canned plum tomatoes and 2 slices of Weight Watchers grained wholemeal bread (8 syns) with 2 LCLCT (3 syns) as spread and a cuppa made with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Lunchtime: silverskin pickled onions and a chicken tikka mini breast fillet (less than 0.5 syns).
Mid-afternoon: Walkers Squares (5.5 syns) and a pear (sf).

Been drinking a lot more water and watery drinks (like squash and tea) today. Gotta get more into the plan this week, I want more than 1 pound weight loss! 2.5 pounds would be excellent as I'd get my 1 stone award but we'll see
:fingerscrossed:

I've had a look at the other threads I follow and everyone is doing so well, well done xxxxxxx

*ahem!*

Hey

I put on a pound on Thursday
:busted: Silly me! Never mind, onwards and downwards.

Food diary
Breakfast:
grilled lean bacon (I even cut the little bits of fat off that were left), two fried (in Fry Light) eggs, some canned plum tomatoes (sf), two slices Hovis Nimble toast (HEB) with two LCLCT (part of HEA) as spread and a cuppa made with skimmed milk (1 syn). It was yummy!
Lunch: some kind of fruit, some cold lean meat of some kind and some Walker's Squares (5.5 syns).

Dunno what I'm having for tea yet, maybe chips with something.......

xx

Oh well Katie, it's not like you don't know how +1 happened...

Well done for dusting yourself off and carrying on, you can do this!!

Exactly :) It would be horrible to have tried hard and put on. To be honest I was lucky I didn't put more on. I wasn't gonna go to the meeting because I knew I'd put on weight but I thought that I needed to face it and did. I bought the new SW magazine as well and have read one of the stories already. Felt quite positive this morning that I'm gonna have a better week.

x

:missing:

How has your week gone Katie?

Back