Hello!

Hello :D

I have been given another chance! As you can probably guess I haven't been on plan for the last few weeks. I didn't go to group last week. I do still want to loose weight and be healthier though. So I went to 'face the music' last night and to my complete and utter surprise I'd lost 6 pounds!
:eek: I was speechless, I thought I'd put that weight on but no......... I know I really don't deserve it and I feel guilty because I've read some weight loss diaries where people work really hard and don't loose or only loose half a pound. Then I come along and loose 6 pounds without working for it.

So I received my 1 stone award and I am very happy.

I want to say sorry to everyone for letting you down and not being here. I did my classic and stuck my head in the sand.

x

Katie, you're back! Well done on getting your 1 stone shiny, I hope that's given you the motivation you need to carry on now?? I was looking at what you wrote on your first page:
I'm a serial Slimming World joiner. I think it's become one of my hobbies to join and then stop going after a few weeks

So glad you're going to break that habit! xx

AND now in the 17's!! C'mon, another few weeks and you'll be in the 16's!

Thank you!

I've been following how well you've done, well done!!

x

Hey!

Food diary
Breakfast:
two slices Nimble wholemeal toast with two LCLCT (3 syns) as spread, beans and scrambled egg and a cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Lunch: cheese and ham toastie, some cheese and onion crisps and a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows at Costa
:ashamed0005: (loads of syns, I can't be bothered to try and work them out!)
Dinner: I might see if we still have quark and make some healthy spaghetti carbonara.

Should really eat some fruit and drink some water...........

Feeling a bit down now because it's Saturday night and I'm stuck at home. Oh well! There's worse things in the world lol.

x

Good afternoon :wavey:

Well.....last night I ended up having some things I shouldn't have like wine, chocolate and crisps
:break_diet: I sabotaged because I felt down. The reason for feeling down? Well there's many, it was Saturday night and I was stuck in, I'm 25 nearly 26 and I still live at home with my parents, I have 3 maybe 4 re-submissions to do before 20th August, I've got three long days (7:30am-8:30pm) left of placement and I feel like it's a waste of time because I'm left to do the work of the health-care assistants (HCAs), I should push myself more so I learn more at placement but I feel so unmotivated :raincloud: I'm reading the third book of the 50 Shades trilogy and I feel down because the female characters life is much more interesting than mine (this is very silly and people would probably think I'm mad comparing myself to a fictional character! :crazy:)

The thing is I know I could change a lot of the things I'm down about but I can't bring myself to do it. I feel like I can't be bothered
:sigh2: so I'd rather sit around and do nothing about it and feel down about it. Stupid right? I need a big kick up the bum really :asskick: I need to realise that some people do not have the luxury to be fed up because they live with parents or whether they are stuck in on a Saturday night. Some people are worried about things such as where their next meal is coming from or where they are going to sleep tonight. And here's me moaning about trivial things. Very selfish of me.

Anyway enough of me babbling
;)

Food diary
Breakfast (at 1pm!):
sachet of Oh So Simple Original Porridge made with skimmed milk (part of HEA) with sweetener and a cuppa made with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Slightly later: orange
Slightly later: some Walkers French Fries (4.5 syns) and a couple of mixed nuts (not roasted and salted, roughly 2 syns).
Slightly later even (
:D): a sandwich made with two slice WW Malted Danish bread (400g loaf, 5 syns), two LCLCT as spread (3 syns) and a slice of Tesco Cooked Chicken (0 syns, I worked it out on the syn calculator), an apple and an orange and a cuppa made with skimmed milk (part of HEA).

Will update with what I have for dinner.

Hope everyone is well xx

Hi Katie, sorry to read that you're feeling so down :(

You're right, you do have things so much easier than other people, so do I, but that doesn't mean that we're not allowed to feel sorry for ourselves and disappointed with our lives sometimes.

I used to be a nurse, so I know how you feel about the placements, working bloody long hours and getting all the **** jobs sometimes and not even getting paid for it! Don't even get me started on the assignments! You know why you're feeling unmotivated, you're putting off doing the work that's due in soon because, let's face it, it's not exactly fun is it! It's depressing sometimes and the easiest way to feel better is though food. Or at least, that was the best way!! Look at your Henry LLoyd coat hanging up in your room, surely wearing that will give you much more of a boost to your mood than chocolate and crisps, and you won't feel angry and guilty after wearing that gorgeous red coat, but you do after eating "crap"

I can't say I've ever felt inclined to read the 50 shades of grey books, but I would love to be Polgara the Sorceress from the David Eddings fantasy books! That's just what it is though, a fantasy, something dreamt up by one person, I don't think many people have lives that exciting!

Take a hard look at your goals, you've given yourself plenty of time to get to target which is achievable, I know you want it NOW lol, but you can't have it now, if only it were that simple, eh?

A couple (?) of years time you'll be a fully qualified nurse with a weight and figure you'll be ecstatic with, you'll be healthy and earning money, you'll be respected and in control of your life. Unfortunately you'll have to put the ground work in now to make that a reality.

I'm sure you could have have flexible syns a couple of times per week and still lose weight, I reckon what's more important right now is taking control back. COUNT those syns Katie, what I find easier is saving them for the evening, just before bed I have an options hot chocolate and either crisps or a small chocolate bar. It makes it easier for me to KNOW I have that saved for later on, a treat to look forward to.

My tuppence worth of advice:

1) Plan your essays/submissions if possible.
Work out what you have to do and the time frame in which to do it. Set aside some time per day, or one afternoon, whatever it takes to get them done. One submission per week, rather than trying to do a half arsed attempt over night before they're due in (as I did!)

2) Save your syns!
Evening seem to be where you go off the rails a bit. Do you really really need those crisps in the morning, could you try and save them for the evening in one big (planned) syn fest? It would give you a treat to look forward to, then BED before you break out the biscuits!

3) Re-read your diary, especially the first page. You know how much you want this, and you know you can do it, you just need to remember why you're doing it..

4) Perhaps make smaller goals? That 7lbs a time is fab and I'm not knocking it! but look at my goals in my sig... I try to have goals for every couple of pounds etc! It's much more motivating to think "ooh I only have 1.5lbs before I reach my next goal" and work like that one week at a time, always striving for the next micro goal!

Please don't get disheartened, there are lots of reason why you're finding it hard to stick to the plan, but there are more reasons why you should try. xx

P.S I haven't had a night out since I had my daughter 8 years ago!

Last edited:
Thank you so much Laura :thankyou: Your words mean a lot to me and it's good to know you understand :)
I've had a great day today, got some bits done, went for a lovely walk with my mum and the dog (and got some exercise
:whacky068: ) and I've been 100% no cheats on plan. I should have eaten lunch and drank more water and eaten more fruit but I haven't cheated! As you said Laura it's all about taking back control.

but there are more reasons why you should try.

Very true, I think I remember writing in my first few posts about why I should loose weight and why I shouldn't. There are many more reasons for loosing weight and I'll be so much better off!

A couple (?) of years time you'll be a fully qualified nurse with a weight and figure you'll be ecstatic with, you'll be healthy and earning money, you'll be respected and in control of your life.

I'm nearly finished my second year, one more year! And I need to be in shape ready for the nursey uniform
;)

Thank you again for your post, it nice to know you care
:bighug:

Food diary
Breakfast:
a handful of cherries and a bacon and egg sandwich made with two slices wholemeal Nimble (HEB), two LCLCT as spread (3 syns), lean grilled bacon and a fried (in Fry Light) egg and a two cuppas made with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Mid-afternoon: Walker's Squares (5.5 syns).
Dinner: lean lamb steak (fried in Fry Light), roasted (in Fry Light) new potatoes and salad made with lettuce, cucumber and spring onions and Salad Light sprayed on top. It was amazing! Yum yum!
:eating:

Syns: 8.5.

I'll probs have some more Walker's Squares (5.5) or French Fries (4.5) and some tea and water. Maybe a bit of fruit.

xxx

Hey! :D

Haven't been on for a few days because I was working long days and so have limited time when I get home to eat, shower and sleep. Then yesterday I was naughty so didn't think it was worth posting. Been good today though.

Food diary
Breakfast:
French toast made with two slices wholemeal Nimble 400g loaf (HEB) dipped in egg with cinnamon and sweetener and then fried in Fry Light and it had an orange and a few bits of pineapple on the side and a bit of clear honey drizzled over (# syns). Accompanied by the usual cuppa made with skimmed milk (part of HEA).

Will be back laters! x

Hey hey, how's it going?

Back