Hello!

Luffoo

Hello

i've been a serial lurker on here for years but only recently signed up in a bid to get some support should I need it and offer any support I have.

A bit of background information. I fell pregnant when I was 20 stone in early 2011, the relationship ended and I gained weight during my pregnancy. I had my little boy by c section and had gained 1.5 stone. In June of 2012 I started Couch to 5k and lost a stone and a half which got rid of my baby weight and I was back to 20 stone but motivation failed me and I stopped as I got postnatal depression. I've been on medication for 6 months and in that time gained 2 stone but am now weaning myself off the meds as I feel a whole heap better. So here I am, ready to try (and succeed!) at losing weight for good so I can feel better about myself and feel less blah. The lightest I've ever been in my adult life is 18 stone so I would LOVE to beat that and go the whole hog.

I'm following Slimming World and it's going very well so far. I am very scared that my motivation will dwindle again and I'll just start stuffing my face like usual. I just don't want to fail again, all my family and friends would be so so proud of me (and I would be too!). I've even joined the gym and am going every other day for an hour - I am by far the biggest person there and the most unfit one there but I hope I can inspire someone somewhere one day. I would also love to run Race For Life in May this year for my nan who I recently lost, but running when you're 22 stone is not very comfortable.

thank you for reading! :)

Hi Luffoo,
You have certainly inspired me, by telling us how it really is. Well done for being so honest. :happy096:
I wish you the very best of luck on your journey. Let us know how you go. :girlpower:

Take care

Elizabeth x

Back