Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StephC84, 26 February 2014.

1. StephC84

StephC84 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and also to Slimming World!

I went to my first meeting on Monday night and loved it - really want to try my hardest and get the weight off!

I'm currently 12 stone 2 1/12 and want to get to 10 stone 8. Interim target is to get to 11 and a half stone by the beginning of May for a holiday.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Steph x
  2. Llamasoks

Llamasoks Well-Known Member

Hi Steph,

Welcome! :)
    You've done the first big step and started, which is fantastic, and normally where most people quit, but you seem to have a really positive attitude
    We're around the same weight currently, have you dieted before with SW or is this your first time around?
    It's a lovely diet plan and there are some really supportive people on this site.

Any questions, feel free to ask! :)
  3. StephC84

Thanks llama!

No, this is the first time I've ever really dieted. I did the 5:2 last year and hated it!

I moved in with my boyfriend in June who is a very fussy eater - that combined with working long hours means I've lived on takeaways for the best part of 6 months and put on over a stone (that's on top of a few extra pounds I could have done with losing before) Really not comfortable in my own skin at the moment so really do need to stick at it x
  4. Llamasoks

Llamasoks Well-Known Member

Aw Hun, that's so like me - I moved in with my OH in March last year and the first 6 months were just nothing but takeout!
    You'll do fine, it's nice having a diet plan where you actually get to eat - what a novel idea!
  5. Princess_Ruthy

Princess_Ruthy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :)
  6. jay631

jay631 Active Member

Steph, Welcome and good luck :)
  7. StephC84

Thanks for the lovely welcome :) x