Hello!

Holly W

Hello! I am Holly W. I am 18, and I have been trying to lose weight since 2011. I am 5'1" and weigh 8st 8. In the past, I have had success with low-carb and vegan lifestyles. I didn't take to veganism in order to lose weight, but it was a nice side effect. Because I currently live in a psychiatric hospital, undergoing treatment for a psychotic episode, I'm finding it difficult to control my meals, and my weight is going up and up. Here I am, to nip this in the bud.

Hi holly,

From the stats you gave it sounds like you are well within the 'normal' weight recommendations. So potentially you don't have to lose any weight to be heathy.

Best if luck if you want to lose a few ounces or pounds, but please pet, just be mindful that you are already in that heathy range! I wish I was!!

Take care and stay strong. Listen to what your mental health workers say to you and the advice and guidance they give. They are there to help :)

Hello Holly, I hope you get well soon and are able to go home. You sound like you are at a nice weight for your height. Forgive me if I am wrong, but maybe you need a little encouragement to give you a positive body image and to make you feel good about who you are as a person. I don't know you or anything about you, so please, please, please don't be offended by anything I've said.

Happy to chat on here if it will help you xxx

Back