Hello!

Grunka Lunka

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and have struggled with my weight for my entire life. I've fluctuated up and down for years trying various diets and I've also recently discovered that I have an intolerance to wheat so I've had to completely cut that out of my diet. This cloud has definitely had a silver lining as cutting out wheat has helped to get rid of my cravings for various foods (chocolate, bread etc.) and I've managed to lose around a stone without really trying. However, I've found that I'm slipping back into bad habits (snacking after dinner being the main one) and the losses have stalled so I'm now working on getting into good habits, eating healthier and using some of the techniques from Slimming World to lose weight and keep it off. I'm not following the Slimming World programme to the letter as I had to alter my diet drastically when I removed wheat from it but I'm trying to keep fat intake low and follow the red/green days as much as I can (I don't have a Slimming World membership either, I'm doing it all from home).

The support structure here looks amazing and everyone seems so friendly and supportive so I thought I'd sign up after a little bit of lurking hehe. Looking forward to getting to know you all! :)

Back