Hello!

calamityr

Hi all!

After months of trying to calorie count and not shifting any weight (thus feeling worse about myself) I've decided to give SW a try - I've heard wonderful things!

I'll be doing it alone from home so would like to make some SW buddies along the way :)

I lost around 7st in a few years after a change in diet and lifestyle but over the past year the weight loss has stopped altogether and I'm starting to build an unhealthy relationship with food which I want to nip in the bud before it starts (food is good!).

Can't wait to start using the forum - does anyone find it helps to post a good diary as they go? I planned to keep track on my phone but I think it might motivate me a bit more if I post what I eat so I can resist the urge to cheat :eek:

Hope you all have lovely evenings! I'm having egg, SW chips and salad for tea :rolleyes: x

Hello!
Good luck on SW :) I tried to switch to calorie counting from SW last year and although I had more freedom I abused it! Well, when an apple had the same calories as a bag of crisps it was bound to happen :rolleyes:
I find a food diary does help in the early days as if you're struggling or not losing, someone will usually be along to let you know if you're making any mistakes! It helps to make SW buddies too :D X

Hi!

Definitely do a food diary, it helps you keep track of the little things that all add up! Sometimes you don't think yo've had many syns till you see it in black and white! And there's always someone here to advise/ shout at you (I'm looking at you RosiePops! ;)).

I'm doing it from home too so more than happy to share advice/ recipes etc with anyone :)

Welcome to SW! I do find a diary helps. Writing everything down does make me feel more accountable and conscious about what I'm eating.
I go to a group, which also makes me accountable! But there are lots of people here who do it online and will help keep you on track :D

Back