Hello

ruthie-mc

Hello there, my name is Ruth and i hpe to get to know you all. I am 30 Years old and 14 stone and very unhappy about it. I have been up and down in weight since my early twentys though i seem to have stuck at 14 stone, i saw your board and instantly felt that this could be the place for me. I would like to loose 5 stone but i am taking it two stone at a time. I promised myself in January that i would have hit my fisrt target of the first 2 stone by my hoilday in July and guess what, i am still the same weight now as i was then, i seem to be working my backside off in the gym just to maintain my weight. I have six weeks to my hoilday in Florida, i feel such a failure. i have had enough and i am goning to work my backside off and account for every little thing that passes my lips. I am sorry if i have bored you all silly. Good luck to you all.

Hi hun - welcome to the forum. Good luck with your diet and keep posting!!!

Thanks for the welcome, i will keep posting hopefully on a daily basis, i think that this could be good to keep me on track.

it will definitely help - along with a big dose of will power :)

Hi. Maybe cut your losses into smaller chunks eg 7 lb and it sounds easier to deal with than 2 st. and you can do it. Which diet are you following?

Irene xx

Welcome to minimins! I don't use the site as much as I would like, but it's a fantastic place to find the support and encouragement that can make all the difference between being successful and giving up!

It's disheartening when hard work seemingly counts for nothing. Different diets work for different people, so definitely don't give up, or feel like a failure. You just need to find what will work for you. Agree with Irene - break your target down abit more - hitting mini-targets feels great and boosts motivation!

Thanks for the great welcome, i agree with you all 2 stone at a time does seem a bit to much, i will break it down to 7 pound at a time and see how that goes for me. I am following the WW plan Irene, i am sitting with my pen and paper in front of me trying to work out my meal plans for the next week, anouther atempt to keep on track.

Pleased to see you are with WW. I was so impressed with Starlight's progress that I decided to give it a go and so pleased I did. as someone who had 11 st to lose I can't see the whole pic but chunks of lots of 7 lb I can

Irene xx

Back