Hello

Charisma

Silver Member
my mum has the book of slimming world so we are going to learn it and do it together. now im abit confused as to how you can eat all this delicious looking food and lose pounds!! im going to take my measurements today i thinks and see how it goes.... how much do people expect to lose on a weekly basis?? so i know if im doing any good

it is difficult to give a fair picture of weekly weight loss as every body is different. SW advises around 1-2lb a week however sometimes it is more. it also depends how rigidly you stick to the plan. Good Luck with it xx

Hi Charisma, I've seen you around here but it's good to see you on the SW forums. It is a great plan and yes you can eat all that delicious food and lose weight! You will enjoy it, join in the August challenge for an extra incentive x

think my brother and his gf joined and both lost bout 5 or 6 lbs in the first week. what is the august challenge??

We are all in teams and we post our losses each week and see how much we can collectively lose. It is just a bit of fun to keep us all focussed, it's all very friendly. I will go and get the link for it, BRB...

yeyyyy been learning how to do it at my mums. got some scales to measure stuff out and starting tomoro morning!! looks hard to work it all out all the time but im guessing you get really used to it!! cant wait till next week to weigh myself and see if i have lost anything atall!! :D:D:D
im acctualy quite excited to be starting it now.

oh yeh one question... if you dont use all your syns each day will you lose more weight or will it not make a difference????

I find I lose more by using my Syns, I'd say use at least half of them if you can. It does get easier as you get used to it. Good luck x

im not sure if this is a silly question but...
i know it says alot of wholemeals breads in the healthy extra bit, but does white bread count as a healthy extra too?? or should i switch to brown

No white bread is Syns. Switch to wholemeal if you like it or just count the white as Syns

cool be easier if i swith to wholemeal then. can it be any wholemeal or again only the ones in the book???

Woo Hoo got thru my first day yesterday and i think i stuck to it 100% im bit worried im doing wit wrong cause i seem to eat more now than i did before i started it. plus im gonna have to get used to havin lunch cause i usualy miss it!! but went food shopping and stocked up on alot of stuff i will be eating for a while!! was very tempted to go on scales this mornin but vowed to wait the full week!! i just really hope this one works!!

oh yeh question... if you eat the same foods alot pasta n baked potatoe etc... does that affect your weight lose?? cause in the book it keeps mentionin variety alot!!

No it doesn't affect the loss. The reason variety is pushed so much is so you don't get bored cus that's when you can end up getting off plan. But I tend to eat a lot of the same things all the time as I find it easier and every now and again I will try something different

Back