Hello :)

Tugboat

Just a quick hello,

My name is Tim and I am 29, I have been reading through the forum for the last few hours and looking to get some advice plus also trying to figure out which diet will be best for me, looking forward to becoming one of the MM community.

Currently thinking about joining Slimming World though a little nervous about joining a group. I currently weigh around 15 and a 1/4 stone and looking to lose around 3 stone, I am trying to find a diet that will allow me to still have a few beers at the weekend.

------------------------------------------------
:beer8: sorry I mean a refreshing spring water.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to minis....I am sure you will find plenty of support and encouragement to help you on your way...good luck with whatever you decide..x

Hi Tim

With Slimming World you can certainly have a few beers, as you are allowed 70 syns per week (it may be more for men?). If you saved them up during the week (and only used beer as your syns) then you could have I reckon 7 1/2 pints of bitter. (each 1/2 pint or 284 ml = 4.5 syns). Different types of beer (Pale Ale, Larger, Mild, Stout) all have different syn values These are listed below:

All are for 284 ml or half pint
Ale, Pale = 4 syns
Ale, Strong = 9.5 syns!
Bitter, low alcohol = 2 syns
Bitter, standard premium = 4.5 syns
Brown Ale, bottled = 4.5 syns
Mild, draught = 3.5 syns
Stout = 4.5 syns

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
You are allowed 70-105 Syns per week on SW. That's a lot of beer! It can be nerve racking joining a group for the first time but walking through that door will be the hardest part. Just remember that in that room is a lot of people who are in exactly the same boat as you and are not there to judge you but help you along the way. I was terrified when I joined but it is such a comfortable environment to be in

Hi Tin and welcome to the board, enjoy your beer. ;)

Back