Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Skinny Lizzie, 12 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Skinny Lizzie

Skinny Lizzie Member

I joined Slimming World today and got no surprise when I stepped on the scales. I've dieted successfully in the past but for the last few years, I've just let myself go to seed. :sigh:

So..............today is the first day of the rest of my life and I fully intend to sort out this weight problem. Its gonna be a long slog. I'm 61 years old, 5'9" and weigh 17st12lbs.................a long way to go but I'm dealing with it a little at a time. My first target is 16st1lb so that doesn't seem too far away. I try not to think of the long term goal as that will just put me off. Hopefully coming on this forum and sharing my experience will keep me on track. :eat:

So onwards and upwards......................I think. :happy036:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Good luck - you'll soon be Skinny Lizzie.
    I'm 57 - it's never too late. Losing the weight will make you feel years younger.
    Welcome and good luck
  4. Skinny Lizzie

Skinny Lizzie Member

Thank you for the welcome.:D I'm still finding my way around this forum but I'll get there eventually. Cheers :)
  5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.