Help - A Meal I cant get out of!! :(

loulou123

Hello everyone,

Firstly i just want to say how great this forum is and all the advise and help you all give is fab.

I am on day 7 and have lost 8lbs in total which I am chuffed to bits with. When I started I had quite a few negative people around me, saying I wouldnt stick to it and I will only put it all back on again. However I am feeling really great about myself and more than anything want to stick to it but..... I have a meal to go to tomorrow and I cant get out of it!! I just dont know what to do. Will it make a big difference if I eat something?

My first few days on LT were hell but I pushed past it and now I dont have any cravings for food.

I suppose my question is... If I eat tomorrow night, will I be back to square 1? I would appreciate any advise

Hi Lou lou,

congrats on the weight loss, its excellent. I have had lots of meals I had to have but I was quite determined and inventive with the lies...my advise is to NOT have that meal, u are not re-feeding and you run a huge risk of putting on most of what u lost (I know its mad since its just 1 meal but what u lost this week is mainly water and since you are just recently in ketosis you will just replenish all your glycogen stores) No matter how careful you are I'm afraid your hard work will be undone. I hope I'm not coming across as a know it all because I'm really not, its so tough this diet, its so strict but its the diet we chose and it is 100%...now here are some of the inventive lies I used to avoid eating:
- I have a blood test and can't eat anything, only water
- You have a stomach bug
- you have diorrhea
- you got called in to work at the last minute and can't make it
- you are doing a sponsored fast for charity for 24hrs
Good Luck!

Thanks so much for this, I did think that would be the case. I think the stomach bug excuse will be the easiest.
I certainly dont want to ruin all my hard work already!!

Thanks again :)

Have to agree with Mrsd2b. You cannot undo your good work. The tummy bug is a very handy standby excuse. You can say you feel much better but just want to give the tum a rest. You can then sit and sip your sparkling water and have a couple of coffees.
I have done this a few times and no one passes any remark.

Back