Help analysing tonight's meal please

sweets154

Unexpectedly had supper out this evening in Frankie and Bennys (I was with my kids). Not a great restaurant for healthy eating. I had Philly Steak Bake which is pasta with a philadephia sauce and little steak bits. I'm doing a green day so have added pasta as a free, milk as a healthy extra and then put 18.5 syns down to account for philadelphia and anything else going on - do you think this is enough?

Was the beef a Healthy Extra B? I always find these situations difficult and end up avoiding syns for about three days after when I can't be sure!!

I think it was Philadelphia cheese but now doubting that! Eating out in chain restaurants does seem quite a challenge.

best thing to do, is go onto their site and find the nutritional information. I am presuming pasta is the main free food in the dish, so you can select pasta as a free food, then put in all the nutritional information and you will get more of an idea if your syns calculation is accurate.

just had a look at their website and doesnt look like it has nutritional info on there.

it says it is topped in cheddar though as well, so it sounds very high calorie wise I am afraid.

I have heard of Philly Cheese Steak which I think is melted cheese sauce so not actually Philadelphia as we know and love! I'm sure you will be able to count the pasta as free though. I guess maybe you'll be fine as long as you keep your syns low for the rest of the week.

Thanks for the info about going onto the restaurant site Britmum - will be helpful to do that for planned restaurant visits.

Sounds like Philly Steak Bake was a terrible option!! but I seem to have got away with it as I still managed to lose this week : )

Thanks for all your help.

Back