Help and a little support needed!!

CrazyLadyA

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

Some, help, support and guidance would be greatly appreciated….

I originally started CD (SS+) in Sept 2011 at 12st 5lbs with the aim to lose as much weight for my cousin’s wedding on 10/06/12 and managed to get to 11st 8lbs after a month of being on the diet but after that I was constantly invited out every weekend or two, had birthdays not to mention the build up to Christmas and so I decided to stop the diet at that point because I felt I was wasting a lot of money just to lose weight over the week just to put on again over the weekend before the weigh in!

I started back on the CD in the middle of Jan. Within this time I put weight back on and went up to 12st 8 lbs, which was more than what I started but know that this was due to 3 months of total over indulgence and just thinking I would be fine because id just get back on the diet in the new year!

(My problem is I am a total comfort eater – happy or sad, I seem to end up turning to food)

Since starting it again I find I have really struggled to get back in to it as strict as the first time, I manage to get through the first two days and even until about 5pm on the third but I just seem to totally give in and crumble once, I get home from work on the third and end up eating something ruining my chances of getting fully in to ketosis!

I’ve only managed to lose 8lbs so far since starting back but can see a big difference in myself inch wise.

I tried a lot harder this week and still only lost 1lb, so this got me down a bit and I ended up having a large mixed salad with prawns when I got home last night from work (yes on my third day).

I have started walking to and from work since the beginning of Feb and going for a walk on my lunch break = 2hour walk 5 times a week, could this affect my weight loss?

Or could it be that my body is not losing so much since I started, stopped and started again since last year and messed up my metabolism??

At a total loss of what to do at the moment .. only have 3 months to lose as much weight as I can… am I wasting my time and money or should I stick to it and persevere to achieve what I want…..???? Please help, encouragement needed greatly.

*** thinking about it, it might help to set myself goals to work towards so…

I will set the following....

Goal 1 - Last a full day without cheating (06/03/12 - todays weight = 12s)
Goal 2 - Last 2 days without cheating (07/03/12)
Goal 3 - Last full 3 days without cheating and get into Ketosis and CARRY ON!!!
Goal 4 - Last until next weigh in 12/03/12 as CDC is on Holiday

**Weight lost following weigh in and sticking to goals? =

Lets see how i get on with that now...?? Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Well done for posting, restarting Cambridge is a hard battle but once you conquer the first 3 days you are on a roll. I'm day 8 and every evening I have battled the urge to not cave in I focus on the feelings after. I too am an emotional eater, you have a goal for the wedding don't let yourself down, if sole source is too much work down the steps and then move to ssing this will be my final Cambridge diet I'm taking hold and getting on :) xx

Thanks! You are right and perseverance is key for me, iv let myself give in to temptation too many time to date thinking 'oh I will be strict tomo' just to give in again and again.. Worst part is how guilty I feel when I cheat! I feel like food is my worst enemy! LOL.

All I’ve done is watch the months go by with very little weight loss because of my failure! I need to take hold and succeed before I end up getting to June and still be as big as I am feeling uncomfortable in my beautiful outfits!

Well done for keeping on trying, don't be disheartened, it's hard to get through the first four days but once you do, you'll be rolling. How about organising something on the third day that requires you not going home at the usual time? Maybe going for a swim immediately after work, or to the cinema, or to a friends...or to bed! I do find that on day 4 I send myself to bed at 8pm with a DVD...I don't sleep but watching a film in bed stops me from eating whereas downstairs is too near the fridge and it starts to sing to me!

Well done with the exercise, this will really help with maintenance when you reach your goal as this is a real lifestyle change that will benefit you permanently and not just on the diet.

How about a mini treat for when you achieve your first four goals? Manicure/pedicure/bunch of flowers?

Looking forward to hearing about your first goal being reached ;-)

Thanks for the advice, it's just the push i needed! I will try and keep myself busy on the evenings to stop caving in. :)

Doesn't help that certain family members constantly try and get me to eat not understanding the diet and saying 'a little cant hurt'... lol I know they mean well but it just makes it more difficult for me!

Every day the goal date gets closer, the more pressure i'm under and i noticed its making it more harder for me because im gettin more and more annoyed at myself because i feel im still no closer to losing any weight!

next few days are crucial! I need to get through and finally start this diet and lose the weight!!!

I spent ages dilly dallying and letting time pass and then it finally clicked you can do this you choose to do this it's gurenteed loss every week or certainly substantial amounts every month. I think some of my family are deliberate about food to try tempt me shoving crisps in my face and saying have one go on I've kept saying no. They are struggling with weight themselves but can't do Cambridge because of medical conditions. I smelt the crisps looked at the calorie content and ate my bar and said I'm day 8 I aren't giving up. Them crisps worked out at a 1000 cals there would have been a time I would have eaten like that and not thought twice about calories it's easy to eat more than you should it's scary x

My Goals:

Goal 1 - Last a full day without cheating (06/03/12 - todays weight = 12s) - Done!
Goal 2 - Last 2 days without cheating (07/03/12)
Goal 3 - Last full 3 days without cheating and get into Ketosis and CARRY ON!!!
Goal 4 - Last until next weigh in 12/03/12 as CDC is on Holiday

**Weight lost following weigh in and sticking to goals? =

Lets see how i get on with that now...?? Wish me luck!

Goals look good hope the few days have been good for you keep strong:) x

Hi all

Im restarting today..so far so good. Gulping down water like anything.
I did the diet last year and got to 10.7....then fell off the wagon completely;-((
Today in starting again...at 11.11. My new clothes are very tight on me...not good at all.
I hoping to be 10stones by the summer, then i will decide if i want to lose anymore.
Im gonna need all the support you guys can give.
I am probably one of the worst comfort eaters. But my problem is, once i start eating there is not stopping me...its horrible!! I can eat anything and everything.
But now ive decided, enough is enough, before i get even bigger!!
Im having tetras and bars only..fingers crossed..

Back