Help asap

Heaven

I cant find the post about veggi patties or burgers. Ive just steamed veg and chopped some garlic and onion but read somthing about egg and a blender, what do i do next i know ive got to dry fry them but dont know what to do with the egg!!! thanks xx :eek:

Hi I haven´t seen the post but do you not blend the veg and add the egg to bind it all together.
Jayne x

well thats what i have just done but its all too runny ive just put it under the grill i dont know what the hell ive got but its not burgers its a pile of green omelette lol ill take a photo.

Finders crossed it will taste nice with my SW chips as im starving....

Am having a similar experience with bubble and squeak 'cakes'. Bit sloppy so ended up spooning it onto a tray in little heaps and baking. Hopefully they will turn out ok. The mixture tasted nice though :)

With the bubble and squeak cakes, do you leave the mixture in the fridge for a few hours before making the patties? You need to do this to harden the mix.

Mine were horrible just imagine raw garlic and onion blended with broc and carrots and sweetcorn.
It was basically baby pureed food.

Does anyone know how to make a burger or patty?

btw i ate it anyway as was so hungery but afterwards i felt sick and only not im felling ok lol

This is all I could find, but sounds v nice :):

vegetable falafel burgers

1 can of Chick Peas
1 Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Red Chilli
Fresh chopped parsley
Dried cumin
Dried Coriander
Fry Light
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper

Preparation

Finely chop the onion, deseed and chop the chilli, chop the fresh parsley, crush the garlic cloves and drain the chick peas.

In a blender, add the chick peas, chopped onion, parsley, chilli, crushed garlic cloves, a pinch of cumin and a pinch of coriander. Blend until smooth.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light. Shape the mixture into burgers and fry until cooked thoroughly and golden brown on both sides.

Serve with a large salad.

Sin value per serving:

Green Day - FREE

No I didn't let the mixture rest (didn't think of that! :sigh:) but prob would have been a good idea so I could have turned them into cakes. I quite liked them though and have decided to call them bubble and sqeak mounds, lots of pepper, onion, coriander and a little cheese- they were yummy and cooking in the oven worked out ok as I didn't need to use too much frylight. :)

thank you, i will definatly try those.

I would thank you but dont know how???

Back