Help at BBQ restaurant

rm247

I've been invited to a leaving party at a BBQ restaurant, i thought it's be a nice easy meal as it would just be chunks of meat, which on EE is free, however looking at the menu, everything is basted, coated, and served with fattening bits mixed in.

Can anyone have a quick loom over the menu and see if they can see any low syn items?
BBQ Plates Archives | Red's BBQ Restaurant

That's just the sort of menu that makes me want to go home and make myself a sandwich - it's a nightmare! For a start it's difficult to work out what they are on about half the time (but that's probably an age thing, so take no notice of me!)

I'd like to think that the Donut Burger is a joke - but I fear it isn't!

Seriously, there is a steak, the brisket, the half-chicken. Any of these you could ask to be served without the sauces, or with the sauce on the side. Marinades you can't do anything about (although if you had the chicken presumably you would be taking the skin - and whatever it is coated in - off anyway.

The key thing is to ask for what you want, and tell them to leave off what you don't want. And order a side salad (no dressing). Anything that arrives on your plate that you don't think you should eat, dump it on someone else's plate as soon as possible. And remember, it is not compulsory to clear your plate - that is a nasty rumour invented by our parents!

And good luck!

Sorry agree with Anna, it's a dieter's nightmare. Looking through I personally would either go with a main salad, no cheese or croutons or the steak with a side salad, again no extras on the salad. (The steak is very expensive though). Or.........you could flexisyn your way through it. If you know it's coming up try to save say 5 syns a day for the week and have what you want for the night and get back on track the next day. You have to prepare yourself for the fact that you might have a poor loss or no loss at all that week. But do you know what, life is for living, if you want to go, then you should go and enjoy the night off and get back on plan the next day. :D

AT the moment I'm planning on going with the chicken (removing the skin) and depending on how nice the salads look either the house salad, or splurge on sweet potato fries.

Back