HELP! new to xenical and going out for dinner!

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum as I have started using xenical. Today is my third day with Xenical and I have been very careful so far. I am having a mild panic however, as I am meeting friends for dinner tonight and having looked at the restaurant menu I am clueless as to what I can order that would be a safe option. I can see 8oz filet steak on the menu that I thought I could have with salad but when i googled fat content of this I read 16g which would be too high? the other option would be a sweet chilli chicken flatbread or CHAR-GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST Served with roasted potatoes in a spicy tomato sauce and a pesto dressing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The steak would be ok with salad.. But ask for dressing on the side, I used to take a low fat dressing in my handbag lol

Also ask how the steak is cooked, grilled or fried - you should be able to ask it to be grilled - plus when you cut any fat off it it will lower the total fat

Rule 1) 5g per 100g total fat content. Therefore in theory 8oz (226g) steak 16g fat (16g divided by 2.26 = 7g) so when you cut visible fat off, it should lower the fat content to within the rules

A plain baked potato with extras on the side might work ok just don't have the extras

Maybe if you took some extra light low fat Hellmann mayo - be good for salad and potato ;)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thanks! Wish I'd thought to bring some fat free dressing.
Think I might even try the chargrilled chicken and ask for salad instead of the potatoes or a baked potato and no pesto dressing.

I would go with chicken and salad with dressing on the side

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks!!! I asked the waitress and the chef was able to prepare me something! I had lentil soup followed by grilled chicken, red peppers, rocket, tomatoes and new potatoes and it was delish! No side effects to worry about! Out again for dinner tonight so have to hope that its another restaurant with an accommodating chef! :) thanks for advice! ;-)

Thanks!!! I asked the waitress and the chef was able to prepare me something! I had lentil soup followed by grilled chicken, red peppers, rocket, tomatoes and new potatoes and it was delish! No side effects to worry about! Out again for dinner tonight so have to hope that its another restaurant with an accommodating chef! :) thanks for advice! ;-)

Brilliant news, I find if you tell them it's a food allergy (ok not strictly true) they are really accommodating. Good luck x

That's great news !

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Out for dinner again tonight (italian) and asked when booking about suitable choices so I know in advance what I can have! it's just the unknown quantities of oil in the dishes/being used in cooking thats hard to figure out when making choices. X

Out for dinner again tonight (italian) and asked when booking about suitable choices so I know in advance what I can have! it's just the unknown quantities of oil in the dishes/being used in cooking thats hard to figure out when making choices. X

Italian sadly doesn't tend to be too forgiving with xen, tomato based goes without saying I'm sure but as you say the problem is always the oil used. Good luck & hope you enjoy it x

Back