Help Celeriac

Stinkybreath

Size 14 here i come!
Bought it and have no idea what to do with it. lol

I have peeled and cubed it ready to cook with some turnip and then was going to mash them together.
Does that sound ok, any suggestions?
I'm having it with quorn sausages so need it to be full of flavour!:D

we usually boil it and mash it with potato,but i guess it would work just as well with another vegetable

I use it quite a bit in soups stews, and as mash on top of shepherds pie's etc

Its best steamed as it holds a lot of water - but boiling is fine too just let it drain as well as poss :) x

Ok thanks, i would love to mash it with potato, lol

I had celeriac for the first time the other day.

Was pleasantly surprised, LOL! I made chips. :D

Parboil your sliced celeriac for say 5 minutes, then sling into a hot oven with a little curry powder sprinkled on top for flavour for 20-30 minutes and voila!

PS - hate to be the party pooper, but strictly speaking, quorn sausages aren't allowed...

If you are on SS,SS+ or 810 only plain quorn should be used.

Celeriac can be boiled or baked. Turnips are not allowed as they are a root vegetable.

Bugger it says in my yellow book turnip tops is that different then?
Great my best meal... i wasn't allowed! Looks like :booboo: have i just screwed up my 2nd day then?:eek:

Well - I was about to say turnip wasn't allowed at the beginning of my last post.

But when I looked in the yellow book at the SS+ page, there was turnip, listed as a 2 tbsp choice.

:confused:

That would seem to indicate that turnip is allowed...

Thanks lily glad it's not just me, lol

Turnip doesn't appear on the 810 page though.

Weird. Is it another 'mushroom' thing - did they forget to put it in, or take it out? :D

Edited to say, scrub that - just found it in the 810 list. But is that supposed to say turnip tops, like taro tops? I don't even know what a taro top is!

Oh and the chips sound lovely will give them a go tomorrow!

I highly recommend the chips. Bit moreish though, even if they do taste of celery, LOL. :D :D :D

Kind of hard to stick to 3 tbsp (I'm doing 810) so I can't imagine how hard it might be to stick to 2 tbsp. :)

Its turnip tops the green bit not the actual turnip sorry.

It should be a bit clearer:confused:
Well it's done now, not much i can do and it wasn't much.
Thanks for letting me know.

Don't worry too much. The amount of turnip you had won't make any difference to how much you might lose this week - the higher carb count might make you a teensy bit hungrier, that's all.

As for the quorn sausages, it's a fairly recent thing that they've been considered a proper no no (which is why you'll find reference to them in that 790 meal ideas thread). On the plus side, they're still really low in carbs and calories for how substantial they are eating-wise.

Damage will be minimal (if any has been done at all). :)

Oh, and I agree the book should be a lot clearer. Apparently they've done a rewrite recently - so hopefully that'll be a big improvement when it filters through to the CDCs.

Hi

Quorn sausages have never been allowed they just seemed to slip in on forums they do contain a lot of salt, onion,breadcrumbs, flavourings etc. that can really affect weightloss.

The new booklets are just being released there is a booklet for every stage of the weight programmes and also more recipes have been included in the 810 booklet, this will not be available until next week.

Thanks Linda :)

I hope the books are clearer as i just checked with my CDC and she said turnip is allowed... oh so confusing!

Maybe the new book will have a picture of a taro top?

I wouldn't know what one looked like if it jumped off the shelf and bit me! :D :D

Anyone know if they taste any good? :)

Back