HELP!! Constipated, what can I do??

lyndzi76

Gold Member
I'm really badly constipated is there anything I can do??

right now you need to pop out and get something to make you go. i prefer ducolux but it can be a bit harsh on you. get some fibre stuff from your CDC for the long term. don't suffer.

I use movicol from the docs you can buy it its expensive but really good
then I get and use benefibre - I find though that its not really enough for me so will take a movicol from time to time if I need to

Yes movicol is good, or senokot...and if that still doesn't budge it, use glycerine suppositories at the same time

Don't use ducolax as this is too harsh for a VLCD.

When it's shifted, use Fibre89 or Fibresure every day in your shakes. Works a treat.

Beefibre is probably okay, but I haven't checked the ingredients so not 100% sure myself.

Don't use the fibre stuff if you are constipated as it will make it worse. Clear first then start using

KD its the one I was told to buy - I really do hope its ok as I have been having 2 teaspoons per shake for the last few days opppppps
will keep fingers crossed :)

I put a teaspoon of the CD fibre stuff in a shake every other day and it really does help me out no end! No more painful poops!
I'd suggest what the others have to 'get it moving' initially and then the CD fibre stuff.

Right been to get some tablets, just sat watching tv with a hot water bottle and a bottle of water.

If I'm feeling better later am I best to have some chicken or shake?

Thanks for all your help. x x

KD its the one I was told to buy - I really do hope its ok as I have been having 2 teaspoons per shake for the last few days opppppps
will keep fingers crossed :)

I've never checked out the benefibre ingredients until now. I know the fibresure is 100% inulin which is absolutely fine on CD

Benefibre is Wheat Dextrin, which doesn't sound promising.

Don't worry though, but maybe if you do have any problems with ketosis, do a switch.

I always use Movicol whe I get bunged up, is blooming fantastic. I swear by the stuff

Back