Help! Eating out at a Pizza and Pie place

MrsC2015

Hi,
I'm going out for dinner at a place called the Stables in Bristol next week. Its a pizza and Pie place with not much else. The menu is here The Stable Bristol - 0117 927 9999

They have a couple of salads, but I'm not sure the best option :( I'm thinking either the smoked mackerel one or chicken one...anyone a rough idea of syns in the dressing (average ones just to keep something on track)

Warm Rosary goats’ cheese salad
Roast beetroot, herb roasted pumpkin, frisée lettuce, honey and olive oil dressing, toasted walnuts.
Jackson’s smoked mackerel and smoked salmon salad
With mixed lettuce, fresh spinach, capers, tomato, cucumber and a horseradish and crème fraiche dressing.

Free-range roast chicken salad
With peppery rocket, roasted sweet red peppers, tomato and cucumber. Dressed with Dijon house dressing and topped with Dorset smoked red cheese.

Any of the salads would be fine. You could count the cheese as your HEXA. Ask for the dressing on the side, then you can have just a little bit, or none at all.

I always ask for the dressing to be separate, because I like to decide for myself how much I am going to have - can't stand food swimming in a sea of sauce!

I'd avoid the cheese salad. That one has walnuts in it which are 8½ syns per 25 grams (you can have 5 halves as a HEB).

The mackerel and salmon sounds like it would be mostly free if you asked for the crème fraiche on the side and only counted a few syns for any oil they used during cooking. Ditto the chicken one though this one has more syns due to the cheese (25g red cheese is 5 syns)

As a rough guideline creme fraiche is 2 syns per level tablespoon and
Dijon mustard ½ per level tablespoon.

I'd say go for the fish one with the dressing on the side for you to be in control of how many you use. Have a great time! :)

Back