Pizza Express - Please help a newbie!

missblonde

Hi everyone.

I'm just over two weeks into SW and I am loving it so far, my only struggle is going out to eat so I though I'd ask to check I'm working things out correctly!

I'm going to Pizza Express at the weekend and I am torn between two options.

The Pollo Pancetta Salad which is chicken and crispy pancetta with sweet peppadew peppers, sweet baby onions, vine tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, basil and mint and it's dressed with extra virgin olive oil & red wine vinegar and shaved ricotta salata. I could have it without pancetta and extra virgin oil and the ricotta is 1. 5 syns per tbsp so I'm guessing maybe 5 syns in total?!

Or I could have one of the leggera pizzas which are 25 syns and includes a pizza, salad and dressing. Am I right in thinking that I could knock 6 syns off if I count the cheese as my HEa. Also if I ask them to leave off any dressings etc then I'm guessing it'll save a few syns there which would mean it's between 15 and 19 syns?!

I could flexi syn for the week (I've only had 9 today and I could stick to less than 10 every day for the rest of the week) but I've already eaten out once this week (I went for salmon, wilted spinach and a leek, cabbage, broad bean potato cake - estimated 15-20 syns) so I don't want to push things too far when I'm still quite new!

Hi - the salad sounds a good option, but pancetta isn't free as it's often quite fatty and the chicken and pancetta could be cooked in oil.

The pizza - you shouldn't really knock 6 syns off for the cheese but I'm sure some people would! I'd go for the pizza then you wouldn't feel short changed and ask for the salad without dressing.

Just be careful of the term flexi syn - there's a great sticky thread about flexi syn, but basically this is were you allow an amount of syns for an occasion (for example 50) and stick to that. It's about keeping control. I think you may be thinking of using your syns weekly which is quite a common thing to do.

Whatever you have, enjoy it!

At Pizza Express they will always serve salad dressings on the side, so you can just have a little taste if you want to, or not at all if that's what you ask for.

Thank you!

I went for the Leggera Pizza in the end and despite eating out three times I had a 1.5lb loss this week so I'm happy with that!

So I am off here tonight with a friend for the three course menu for £12.95. Options are:

Starters

• Dough Balls "PizzaExpress" (v)
• Garlic Bread (v)
• Garlic Bread with Mozzarella (v)

Main Courses

• Your choice of Classic or
Leggera pizza, pasta or salad

*Upgrade your Classic pizza to a Romana base, or enjoy a Calabrese pizza for £1.55 extra per pizza.

Desserts

• Chocolate Fudge Cake (v)
• Cheesecake (v)

I was thinking of having dough balls to start, a leggera pizza or one of the salads (minus bread sticks)? Then asking for pudding to be wrapped up to take home for the OH?

Ax

So I am off here tonight with a friend for the three course menu for £12.95. Options are:

Starters

• Dough Balls "PizzaExpress" (v)
• Garlic Bread (v)
• Garlic Bread with Mozzarella (v)

Main Courses

• Your choice of Classic or
Leggera pizza, pasta or salad

*Upgrade your Classic pizza to a Romana base, or enjoy a Calabrese pizza for £1.55 extra per pizza.

Desserts

• Chocolate Fudge Cake (v)
• Cheesecake (v)

I was thinking of having dough balls to start, a leggera pizza or one of the salads (minus bread sticks)? Then asking for pudding to be wrapped up to take home for the OH?

Ax

Do you have to have three courses? Any of the starters would take your Syns through the roof x

Thats what I was thinking. I thought about asking them to bag up the starter and pudding and then I can take them home for my *empty pit OH!Ax

It'll be 1 syn per 20 calories as no free food allowance.

I did a google for the nutritional info from PE :

Fudge cake is 311 cals -15.5 syns
Cake with ice cream is 424 - 21 syns

I'm off to pizza express tonight and I've had a search on the menu and the Penette bolognese is coming
up as 14.5 syns so having a syn free day so I can enjoy this without worrying :)

the leggera chicken arrabbiata comes up as 6.5 syns on the website - great main course option for anyone wanting to keep it low syn :)

Oh that does sound good! Thank you - will bear in mind for next visit!

Back