HELP - first week on slimming world

katoof

Silver Member
Hi guys, I went to my first slimming world meeting on Wednesday. It was a little confusing and am still a bit unsure what option to use, I have tried green yesterday and today.

any help or advice would be amazing,

I have alot to loose so want to do this right... im 24st3 and my club 10 is 21st11

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips

I did Slimming World 6 years ago when only the green and original days existed. Both worked and I lost the weight I needed for my wedding but I didn't go back.

I rejoined in September last year and was amazed by the Extra Easy plan. I couldn't believe that it would actually work but it really does!

I would definitely recommend the Extra Easy plan because you don't really have to think about it. The key is to make sure that a third of your plate is superfree food (most vegetables and pretty much all fresh fruit fall into this category). Mushrooms are superfree which is great.

My favourite meal is steak, syn-free chips (google the recipe it is a life-saver), mushrooms and tomatoes fried in Fry Light.

Here are a few other meal ideas:

Chicken breast wrapped in bacon (remove the fat first), peppers, new potatoes, onions and carrots all roasted in Fry Light. Add a squeeze of Primula light on the chicken as a sort of cheese sauce (a whole tube is 12 syns so a bit of a squeeze will not be many - it's best to weigh though)

A fry(light) up: Bacon (remove the fat), sausages (quorn are syn-free, Tesco healthy are 1 each, Morrisons eat smart are 1/2 each), tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, sliced potato (boiled and then fried)

Lasagne - use extra lean mince and add loads of veg like courgettes, peppers, tomatoes, anything really!

Stew - beef, carrots, potatoes, onions, stock cube, water - chuck it in a slow cooker in the morning and come home to instant dinner!

The SW website and magazines have LOADS of ideas and recipes. The magazine is definitely worth buying for the inspirational stories.

If I think of anything else I'll post again.

Good luck :) x

I started on red/original and it works really well, however i'm an EE convert.

I love being able to have curry and rice or spag bol with pasta without having to worry.

You are only allowed one of each healthy extra, but if I want more I just syn the extra.

In my opinion its the easiest plan but I have no hesitation in switching to red if need be just to shake it up a bit.

Enjoy

My advice would be try them all on different days and see which plans you like best and then you can chose which days you follow which plan.
Just remember, red and green- you get 2 healthy extra's from each section-that's 2 from A and 2 from B. On extra easy you only choose one of each. Remember if you do extra easy to have 1/3 superfree foods in with the meal.
I have tried red and extra easy days, I like the freedom on extra easy but like double healthy extra's on red. I chop and change between the plans.

Back