Help!! Gained weight???

janey6983

Hi all,

I have been reading all your posts and fab results with Slimfast but I'm struggling!!

Week 1 - lost 7lb
week 2 - lost 3.5 lb
week 3 - gained 2.5lb???????

How how how did I gain 2.5lb I really don't understand I have been 100% no more than 1200 - 1400 calories a day! I weight 18 stone it should be dropping off please help I really don't want to give up but if this doesn't work I'm going to switch to a VLCD I know this is the most drastic thing I can do and kind of a final resort.

What a drama queen I sound like but you all seem to be doing so well!!
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

hi, well done on your loss so far. are you sure your portion sizes havnt been getting bigger? aiming for a 2lb loss a week is better than bigger losses in the long term as will be easier to keep it off. we didnt gain this weight in a week so its bound to take time to come off and yes we all want to be slim today but we need to face facts that is is going to take time. sorry to be so blunt but we are all with you x ;)

Thanks, I do take on board what you're saying and you are right of course you are I do need to give it more time, It's just that I spent a year on slimfast saying that "these things take time and I may gain this week but it will come off over the long term!!" it didn't I ended the year the same weight I started. I find it really hard to keep going when I don't get the "reward" of a weight loss at the end of the week.

yes it does feel like been dieting forever and we will always have to watch the weight. my head hasnt been in the dieting zone for some time now but im back with it. i think its ok to take a little time out now and again as long as you get back on track quickly and stick to it. also with us women our totm effects the scales and weight can go up by 8lbs for a few days so have you considered that? stick with it and the weight will come off ;)

Dont give up,,,,, recheck portion sizes thats the easiest thing to creep up without noticing,,, check your not nibbling as cooking or eating leftovers as you tidy up after meals , im trying to think of all the silly things i do lol, Totm maybe?

I know its disheartening hun but stick with it. Ill echo what the others said, portion sizes etc. Also wait for next weigh in, you may get a nice surprise. Chin up :)

could it be that your body is just adjusting to normal water levels as we know much of the first weeks weight loss is fluids not fat
or are you due on and your body is retaining water even , I know I always feel very bloated before my period due to water retention
try to keep perspective , you have lost 8lb in 3 weeks which is fab

Back