Help - going away!

newstarter

We only just went to florida during Easter and I wasn't expecting to go on another holiday until August (by when I was expecting to have lost all the weight).

But my husband's gone and booked flights to Dubai at the end of June for 1 week, which leaves me 3 weeks before I go away.

I don't want to start refeeding as it will take me back a step and i don't want to stop LT when I'm out there.

Anyone been in the same situation who can suggest some tips? Could I 'refeed' whilst there and have 2 shakes a day and a light no-carb meal and no drinks in the evening, and go back to TFR when I'm back?

Really confused :confused::sigh:

Last edited:
not hols but ive workrd away a few weeks while on LT and just stuck with it, but I suppose hols are different,??????/

im sorry i have no idea, but i hope u find a solution :) try not to worry about it, im sure some one on here will have the answer and then u can enjoy ur holiday. You've been doing so well so far.

Thanx.. i'll try and do it through my holiday as well.. Although its gona be TOUGH! Unless I get any other suggestions i'll try to stick with it and perhaps if i feel the need to eat it'll be something small and healthy.

Hiya i was on lipotrim for 5 weeks before going on holiday and i re fed 1 week before going i went for 2 weeks to the dominican rep all inc and only put 2lb on so ree feed and go and enjoy your holiday and while away do a low carb diet hope this helps x

Thanx babyboosweets. I'm going for my weigh in today so will ask the chemist if i can do that. x

We only just went to florida during Easter and I wasn't expecting to go on another holiday until August (by when I was expecting to have lost all the weight).

But my husband's gone and booked flights to Dubai at the end of June for 1 week, which leaves me 3 weeks before I go away.

I don't want to start refeeding as it will take me back a step and i don't want to stop LT when I'm out there.

Anyone been in the same situation who can suggest some tips? Could I 'refeed' whilst there and have 2 shakes a day and a light no-carb meal and no drinks in the evening, and go back to TFR when I'm back?

Really confused :confused::sigh:

I have a few pounds to shift and going on holiday on sunday but ive gone back to eating normaly so my body gets use to eating normal food before I go away. I think its best to chill out when ur away, LT will make it harder to relax and difficult to be sociable, so if I were you i'd do refeed now, then get on to eating normal food but dont go mad, and then when you come back you can decide what you want to do. But if you decide to do LT when you come back dont binge when ur away cos you know ur going back on the diet because my friend did that and gained a stone on hol and never went back on LT when she came back! :S xxx

thanx lostpolarbear.. yah - don't want to gain weight whilst away after i've come this far.. I spoke to the chemist today and he said it was upto me - I could start refeed next week and the following week and then eat sensibly whilst i'm away and come back and restart LT or I could continue TFR until I go away and then have 2 shakes a day and a low carb meal whilst i'm away.

He said it would be tough getting back onto it after i'm back but i'm really determined, and want to stick it out til i've lost the weight. I'm still on tfr this week and will think about whether to go on refeed at the end of the week. (although i think the 2 shakes plus meal sounds better for me as i know there will be some form of control! confused! lol)

Back