Help HEA Cheese amount

dribbler

Hello SW'ers,

I'm currently living in the middle east doing SW at home. Doing my weekly shop today I found a selection of cheese that are fat free and gluten free( daughter is celiac) it's called lifetime here's their web address (ill take it down if not allowed) Lifetime Cheese :: Products :: Fat Free Cheese Iv never heard of it and want to give it a try as the lighter cathedral city 200g pack cost approximately £10 here :eek: and this stuff is only about £5 for 400g! For some reason you need a mortgage for cheese out here unless it is spreadable fake stuff!

Before I buy it I just wondered if any knows what the HEA amount is for this? or if anyone knows what another 0% fat hard cheese is. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Dawn x

Hi Dawn,
I have tried to find on the SW app but cannot find this, but looking at the cheddar on the website you gave it states 1oz = 40 calories, our consultant States if no free food 20 calories = 1 syn, so 1oz would be 2 syns the nutritional value is very low- sorry cannot give you the answer you asked for. Hope someone else can. J

Thank you Jo43,

That's a really handy piece of information, a lot of food items over here are no where to be found on slimming world. I may have to try and see what its like, the worst that can happen is I gain!

Cheers

I would be inclined to treat is as normal cheddar type cheese and go with a 30g portion of it as your hex a.

One HexA of cheese generally works out at around 120 calories - equivalent to six syns - so if it's 40 calories per oz I'd be having 3oz of that one for a HexA (as I don't live in the UK either, I can't get the brands mentioned on the HexA list so I just go by the calories usually). Nice find, hope it tastes good!

Well I had some of the cheese and it just taste like a baby bell, not bad. Thanks for all of the advice its certainly appreciated.

Back