Help I need help!

soontobeslim2009

Well lady's, I need lots of help. I have been back on sw since January and have lost a grand total of 2 pound, yes that’s right 2 pound. I just haven’t been doing it properly with one thing and another at home I just couldn’t seem to get my head round it properly and would just keep saying to myself "oh well I will be 100% tomorrow" only tomorrow never came. I am now so down about the way I look that I no longer feel like going out. I had a wedding reception to go to on sat night but I canceled it. It’s not just my weight I am unhappy with its my hair, face, boobs everything I just hate it all. I have been to the doctors today just for a chat as I feel I am getting depressed and today is the day to try and turn my life around. I have my wi tonight but think it may be a slight gain, but have decided to put all that behind me and pretend that today is my first day. I really need to do it this time I hate feeling like this, and I also want to be able to run in the park with my little boy who is now 17 months. I need to do it for me and my health, yes please let this be it this time, I so want to go out and shine.

I’m sorry for the long post, my new decision is to write down how I am feeling and hopefully that will help me to get through.

Thanks for listening everyone xxxx

Hi soontobeslim,

Well done for plucking up the courage to go to your doctors about how you've been feeling, I bet it has cleared up your mind. Glad to hear you're treating this as your first day on the plan, as thinking about how long it's taking just puts pressure on yourself and you'll be tempted off plan even easier. I know this as I've been on the plan since October and am only a few lbs lighter, and this isn't my first attempt!

So good luck for your "first" day! You will get to target!

Hi Soon to be Slim

I am sorry to hear how down you are. I think the best thing to do tonight when you go to you WI is speak to your consultant and tell her how you are feeling, she should be able to give you a little extra support.

Have you got a friend you can go with or call up in the week if you get confused with the plan, we all try and help each other here and I am sure there will always be someone to listen to your woes.

I am walling to help you as much as I can I have done this diet quite a few times and will help you where and if I can.

I am sure you can do it if your determined enough and you sound like you are.

I also found since i started doing the plan I feel a lot healthier and full of life, just proves that what you put in your mouth can really affect how you feel. good luck and message me anytime if you want to

Chin up Lovee

Carla xxxxx

Aw sorry to hear you are so down.
This is a fantastic helpful, supportive site and i am sure it will help you on your weight loss journey.
(((hug))) and good luck with the plan.

the first step is admitting to how you are really feeling, being on this route i know this for sure! took me over 3 1/2 yrs to admit it! finally on meds now, but its the start down the long road to total recovery!

take every day as it comes and try to plan for the day ahead before going to bed! is there anybody at your class with children around the same age? could be good to have a playdate mid-week to your weigh-in?

i am at the stage of taking my husband along to hear the welcome talk so he can support in this way to, he tries really hard all the time trying to push me to go out the house and take pride in my apperance.

i have had many ups and downs so far this year, but trtying to keep on track with my eating seems to help with my emotions

remember we can try to help as much as possible and always here for you

laura x

Hi Hun. Taking the decision to do something about the things that are making you unhappy is a tough one, so well done.
As you have already decided to treat the day as your first one, you are certainly going to start off right.
Have a look at the food diaries and get some ideas from there. I also made the decision to do something about my size for my little one who is now 4. My New Year's Resolution this year was to not let what other people think about my size impact my enjoyment with my Daughter - basically if I wanted to run down the street pretending to be a monster chasing her, I was! So far I have stuck with it and both me and little one are really happy!

You can do this Hun, you just have to think what you want more, food and the comfort you think it can provide, or enjoying your time with your little one.

Hello sweetie and as everyone has said 'well done' on coming back here and chatting to us lot and starting back with SW 100%.

You mention that you're not happy with your hair, face, the way you look etc. Why not book yourself in for a haircut this week - it may just be a trim or why not go for something completely different to mark the new you? I think sometimes we 'wait' until the weight starts to drop off before we try something new, but why, if you can change something this week - even if it's not your hair, why not buy a new lippy or paint your nails? I also understand not wanting to buy new clothes while we're on our journey, but have a look for a nice new top, doesn't have to be expensive that you feel a million dollars in and wear it whenever you start to feel a bit low - even if it's just around the house, the point is you will look and feel good in it and that in turn will boost your mood. You can do this hun, chin up xxxxx

Good for you, admitting to yourself, your doctor and all of us, just how you're feeling ..... most of us have been there too! There's always someone on this forum to help you along your journey to the new you!

So Day 1? ~ That's a great idea! What are you going to do differently? Have you read your Food Optimising Book? Got your Slimming World friendly, shopping list ready? Got your week ahead's meals planned out? Started up a new Diary Sheet? These are all things that just might set you off in the right direction, going back to basics for a new start can be exactly what you need to do now!

All the Best o'luck'n'stuff to you! Keep us posted!

Massive, massive well done to you for speaking out about how you are feeling. It really is a step in the right direction.

I have two small children, and I really am very glad I joined slimming world now while they are still small because although the main aim was to lose weight, I have also learnt to eat properly. I can bring my kids up to think that a healthy diet is normal and what better way to do it that lead by example!! I've had a long battle with my weight and I don't want either of my kids to have to go through the same thing.

Good luck!!! Will be looking out for your update later! :) x

I would just like to say a big thankyou to all of you for your kind words, it has made me feel a lot better reading all of them.
Its been two days now and I have been 100% and feel really positive about the week ahead. I have planed all my meals, brought lots of fruit and mullers and have been keeping a food diary.

Thanks again for your kind words xxx

Back