Help! Just started

Abs10

I'm a little confused. I understand I can have as much free food as I want, a certain portion of healthy extras, and 10-15 syns per day.
But what is speed food?
And what does extra easy mean?
Finally, are all the recipes on the site made from free food?

I'm so confused everyone! Any help would be most appreciated, I'm doing this online as I can't make it to any local meetings :-(

Speed foods is fruit and veg and extra easy is the name of the plan or if mentioned beside food its food
you can eat . hope this helps

Hi welcome along to minimins. You’ve come to the right place for tips, support and advice.

You should have a list of free foods and speed foods on the SW site and access to all the syn values if you are doing this online. It will take a short while to get it into your head, but before long it will become second nature.

Top tips are keep your food diary right from the very beginning as this is what will get you through this and help get the SW plan in your head. Knowing in advance what you are going to eat takes all the guess work out of everything. If things go slightly awry, then you have your diary to look back on to see where adjustments could be made and if you ask for advice through this platform, it's usually the first thing people will ask about.

Following someone else's food diary on here or looking at the threads what's for breakfast, lunch, tea etc https://www.minimins.com/threads/whats-for-tea-tonight.164404/ or the many, many recipes will certainly help you to avoid the repetition in your diet and expand the variety of things you can find to eat. (Not all recipes are free and some ingredients have to be synned or could form part of your Healthy Extra if you hadn't used it anywhere else - for example if you used cheese on top of spaghetti Bolognese). Budget shopping at Aldi, buying frozen fruit and veg and cooking in bulk and freezing will also keep the costs down.

There are also a number of weighing groups which are either by weigh day and I think there is one for people who follow SW at home, which is good way to share your experiences, spur others along, to feel part of a group and get to know some of the others.

Finally, I would say trust in the plan it does work. Eat your syns and don’t cut back as it doesn’t work that way!! I’m sorry that I’ve rambled on but I hope that will give you somewhere to start and good luck with everything.

Thank you both this is fantastic! I am planning on keeping track of my food using an app on my phone, and although I primarily shop at Tesco, I think I'll give lidl a go, thanks :-D

Back