Help!!!! lack of motivation dilemma

I'm sure people reading this will think it's petty of my dilemma. I joined SW via a class about 3 weeks ago, started off so positively and really got into it. What I like was to begin wih the group were all strangers to me and no one I knew me( although I know I need to lose weight, it a personal issue to me and not somethimg I divulge to all) I went to the class for my first weigh-in and shock horror...... someone who I work with was there!!!:cry:(my worst nightmare!). Since then I have avoided going back to the class as she will be there. Usually this would work in my favour, but this woman enjoys telling everyone her business and has asked me in front of othess how I'm getting on! Since then I have lost all so much motivation over it and I know it's petty. Class leader keepstxting me with the 'supportive texts' I would transfer to an other class, but would have to change nights and other class is 20 mile round trip.

I appreciate the reading and cooments that may come.

I know in the scheme of things it's trivial matter. I really was motivated to lose my weight once and for all and feel back to square one. I thought by getting class knowledge it would give me the confidence to go it alone

It's not trivial at all. You obviously see this as a personal and private journey. But, unless you can cope with the 20-mile round trip if you want to go to class, then you'll have to face your fears.
I would try to look on it as added motivation. You ARE going to prove to her and to everyone else that you CAN DO THIS. You will lose the weight, hold your head up high, ignore her, and simply put her to shame by doing better than her.
The alternative is to do SW on-line, but not at all the same motivation. GO FOR IT! you can do it. We're all here to support you too. As the weight drops off, you'll feel wonderful and you'll be surprised that you were ever worried by this woman.

Thanks patchninja x I know your right and like said before had question myself over it. By hook or by crook, I'll get back on track either way and then achieve my weight objective!

Busy bodies should not deter you on your journey. Get motivated whenever another person knows about your goal as you will have to show later what you have achieved. You are not alone.

I agree its certainly not trivial to you and that's what counts. Although if you feel you need the motivation of a class then I bet you would hate more gaining weight because some one was there you knew and you did not continue with what you thought was working. You decided to tackle your weight loss, no one should be ashamed of that :). It could even work in your favour having some one in work who has a bit more info to help you stay motivated. And I am sure you will be happy sharing great results. You could even find others are interested and inspired by you making weight loss a subject you might be more comfortable discussing. Good luck

Hi all.

Thanks for all your help and support. I have gone to another class and that will suit me for the remainder of my time left with class membership.I initially signed up for the 10 week countdown. I find the help and the support on here much more beneficial and priceless!

Mancuniangirl74 said:
Hi all.

Thanks for all your help and support. I have gone to another class and that will suit me for the remainder of my time left with class membership.I initially signed up for the 10 week countdown. I find the help and the support on here much more beneficial and priceless!

Glad you have a plan :)

Inform your friends and family members of your weight loss goal. It's nice to have someone who will drag you from bed so that you will do your daily workout routines.

Back