Help me squeeze into my 20 year old dress!!!

Alps

Hello all :)

I'm going to a ball in September, and my aim is to get back into a ball gown my Mum made for me when I was 17 (I'm 37 now!!)

I've been doing slimming world for the last 6 weeks (this is about the 5th time, along with 5 times at WW, a couple of Rosemary's, xenical twice and any other weird diet you care to mention!) and was doing really well until a 1lb gain this week, so I figured it was about time I sat down on my lazy backside and found some people who get where I'm coming from!!

I'm finding the extra easy plan so good this time! I love being able to eat loads, but mix red and green.

I know exactly what I've done this week, adding lots of little extras every day with my eyes closed, so I'm determined to get back on track so I can into that dress of mine!!! I wasn't a skinny Minnie at 17 so I reckon another 25lbs should do it, although my ultimate aim is 12 stones near Christmas. I feel like this is the right time to do it at last :woohoo:

Welcome and well done on your weight loss so far, I'm sure you will manage to get into that dress again, and we will help you as much as we can, best wishes to you.

Hi Mate

It is great to have a goal that is not based on punishing yourself. So many of us use the"I don't want to look so horrible/fat/ugly/etc" as an attempt to motivate ourselves- this is really destructive because we are focussing on negatives.

You are looking at a positive outcome- you are doing this to fit into a lovely dress. I know this positive outlook will really help you long term.

Well done too on admitting you have not been 100% sticking to it and making the decision to change- you sound motivated and confident which is a FAB mentality

Good luck xxxxxxxxxx

Back