Help me stop pressing the self destruct button :-(

Daisyboo

I seem to be getting into the cycle of being good all week but then as soon as Friday evening comes I just seem to be unable to help myself. Its not that I am having a full Indian or a whole bottle of wine - I make good choices but cant seem to stop once my syns are used.

Today so far I have had a brownie bite (3 syns), 2tsp of low fat butter (2 syns) and 1 tsp of choc spread (1.5 syns) and used my 2 HexBs on nimble toast, my HexAs on cappucinno and 42g of low fat cheese. I have a pasta and sauce for dinner as I am going out at 6pm.

Off to friends house for a Pampered Chef party but Im driving so wont be tempted to have a drink. Really worried though that I wont be able to resist the nibbles and I heard that at Pampered Chef parties there are cooking demos and tasters.

Any suggestions?!?

Are you out every Friday night? Maybe you could have Fridays as a Flexi Syn day? That way you can continue making good choices but if you fancy a few extra glasses of wine you can have them.

I have never heard of Pampered Chef, but you are doing the right thing eating beforehand. Perhaps you can do something to remind you why you are on this journey too, read a success story or two, look at some nice clothes you will treat yourself to, check out some pics of yourself when you were lighter. That way when you are offered something you can relate back to it, and then feel better aboyt refusing then the taster will taste.

**hugs**
Cobweb xx

Thanks for the advice. Going to take a bottle of diet coke so that I know there is something there I can drink (remember once ending up drinking Shloer because I was driving and it had more syns in than wine!!) and have a mega bowl of pasta before I go so that Im not hungry.

Its not a regular thing - even just sitting at home it seems to go a bit crazy for some reason! I'm trying to stick to 10 syns a day so that when I inevitably go off the rails slightly I have another 30 syns sitting there I can use without blowing the whole week. I had 15 a day last week, counted up my saved syns for a treat on Saturday but ended up going over my allowance Saturday and then going to my mums on the Sunday for dinner so had no chance of trying to make up for it.

Good idea taking the coke what is a pampered chef night havent heard of this?:D

It is the same sort of idea as a Body Shop party - you go and look at all the products, try them out and then you can order things if you want. Had a look at the website and the prices are pretty crazy - though they do sell the crinkle chip cutter that Vixster uses for her fab SW crinkle chips so may splash out on one of those!

hi im pretty similar to you good all week and then i want to join in 100% with the family. The only thing i can suggest is just remind yourself of that holiday or that dress you want to wear. When i ask for crispand sweets off my kids they all say "no mum just think of Turkey". Yes it worked so far!!!!!

usually when i go to parties in houses i buy things then never use them lol! everytime im having a bad day ie when i cant stop eating i go into my wardrobe and bring out a pair of trousers that are 2small for me and try them on it usually spurs me on cos i know when i can button them ive reached my goal!!

Know what you mean!! Going to try and be good and not be swayed to buy anything useless but expensive!!

It is the same sort of idea as a Body Shop party - you go and look at all the products, try them out and then you can order things if you want. Had a look at the website and the prices are pretty crazy - though they do sell the crinkle chip cutter that Vixster uses for her fab SW crinkle chips so may splash out on one of those!

Crinkle chip cutters are the future! :D

My class is on a Monday night and I find that keeps me focused over the weekend. It's made a real difference to me, as even when I was being super-good in the past, I tended to relax things a bit at the weekend and that was my downfall. I find I even watch things more carefully at the weekend as I don't want to be bloated or anything on Mondays.
Is there a Monday class you can go to?

My class is on a Monday night and I find that keeps me focused over the weekend. It's made a real difference to me, as even when I was being super-good in the past, I tended to relax things a bit at the weekend and that was my downfall. I find I even watch things more carefully at the weekend as I don't want to be bloated or anything on Mondays.
Is there a Monday class you can go to?

Yeh - I go to a Monday night class. Managed to not be *too* bad last night - didn't stick to plan completely but at the same time didn't eat or drink nearly as much as I would have normally on a night like that.

Back