Help me with Success Express please...

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Please can I have a bit of Success Express help?

I can’t do a total SE day today, because I am out this evening for a meal with my team at work (I will post a thread in eating out about that one! I need some menu help!) but I wanted to check whether my breakfast and lunch are SE-friendly (and whether I can just have 2 SE meals in a day or not, and what kind of day that makes it?!).
Just generally confused really lol!

Ok so…

Breakfast was about quarter of a honeydew melon, and one slice of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf (my B choice) and a poached egg, with a tablespoon of ketchup (1 syn).
Now, because the melon and egg are superfree, and the toast was approx ⅓, that counts as an SE meal, right?

And, for lunch I’m planning on having a jacket potato with v low fat cottage cheese and salad. As long as the potato is ⅓ and the cottage cheese and salad is ⅔ then it’s an SE meal, yes?

I have satsumas and a fat free Activia as snacks. They’re ok too?

I’ve printed out the SE meal planner from SW Online (as per Jay’s recommendation – thanks lass!) and plan to follow that where I can, but it’s tricky at work. I need to spend some time preparing lunches for work in advance.

Thanks for the guidance peeps :)

PS: Here is my eating out thread plea for assistance! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-eating-out/124918-please-help-me-choose.html#post2138847

Last edited:
Okay chick,

Breakfast doesn't count as an SE meal as it consists of superfree and B choices. It's okay on a SE day but doesn't count as one of the meals. It doesn't matter though, I often don't have an SE breakfast or lunch but what it does mean is that you can have another SE meal for supper if you wanted to!

Lunch is spot on for an SE meal

Snacks are fine too.

There you go!!

Right, brill! Thanks. So HEs have to be eaten seperately, not part of a meal?
And for the meal to be SE it's ⅔ superfree and the other third anything free on green or red. If it's got syns in I take the higher value.

I will be eating heaps tonight, so I don't think I'll be having any supper!

No, HE's can be eaten as part of a meal, that is absolutely fine. You don't have to have all your meals 1/3 and 2/3rds but you can have 3 of those meals if you choose. The third can be red and green if you choose, say a jacket spud with tuna.
I tended to have 2 meals and one HE based meal.
Syns at highest value.

It's confusing but not if you get my drift!!

LOL! I'll get into the swing of it eventually. I'm sure it didn't seem this hard work last time I had a stab at it!

I've done soooo many times it's second nature!! It's worth it though, I just tell myself it's only a week and take it a day at a time.
You can do it my friend. x

Thanks! I think I can. Have tried to do a food plan for the week, and I am going to need to stock up on veggies big-time! But I think I can give it a good stab :) Thanks for your advice xx

Back