Help need an A1 excuse!!!

CANKSTER

Silver Member
My Boss had decided to take the whole team on a jolly next week on Wed/Thur. He is taking us all to our corporate hospitality centre (They bought a posh hotel and did it up!) to have our team brief, stay over and enjoy the grub!!!.

Problem is this place is famous for its food, tis mental. All you can eat breakfasts, sweets and fresh muffins in all rooms, 3 course lunch and 5 course dinner!!!!

I dont think I can go, cos of all the food and I dont want work colleagues thinking I odd by refusing to eat with them as its team bonding time!!!!

If I can think of a good excuse I could stay in office and man the fort :p.

Any excuses gratfully received.

Man the fort, or tell them your on Antibiotics......unfortunatley they will think you have a nasty STD but hey ho ;-)

OMG -- flips sake what a nightmare - I think you should go and speak to your boss in private and be straight up with him about your reasons.

Any boss wants staff who are self motivated and holds themselves to high standards, discipline, will power and determination are all very commendable attributes. Your boss will respect you for it I am sure and will understand... tell him once you get to your goal you would love to participate in team events. Maybe there are team events organised during the day that you could go to but not stay over????

x

Thats a tough one! Are you sure you can't go and not eat?? Its really not that difficult once you get your mind in the right place?? Either that or do maybe low carb meal in the evening?? HTH

Tell him you got a parents eveing for ur kid on Wed night and need to go as there are some issues you need to sort!!!!!!!! O thats if you have kids!!!!!!!!!!!lol x

I think you should go and speak to your boss in private and be straight up with him about your reasons.

Any boss wants staff who are self motivated and holds themselves to high standards, discipline, will power and determination are all very commendable attributes. Your boss will respect you for it I am sure and will understand... tell him once you get to your goal you would love to participate in team events. Maybe there are team events organised during the day that you could go to but not stay over????
x

^^^ What the mad Irish gambler said....

Honesty is always the best policy in my book :)

I can't lie to save my life I just go bright red lol :eek: *

* = (apart from.... jumping trains without a ticket & being quizzed by the guards.... trying it on in shops.... when I'm on the phone negotiating... blah blah blah)

hmmmm its really a toughie, you can either:

(a) come clean and tell your boss
(b) go, say nothing and test out your will power
(c) go, and when if it gets tough say you have the runs and go chill in the jacuzzi :D

Came clean and talked to my boss and lo and behold he was a star!!!!

Still going to jolly but now he knows he will make sure temptation is kept to minimum and will do his best to support me.

First off he will ensure we aint sitting together at meals so no one notices i aint eating :p

He was ace, honesty is THE best policy.

Thx all x

brilliant!!

Still going to jolly but now he knows he will make sure temptation is kept to minimum and will do his best to support me.

First off he will ensure we aint sitting together at meals so no one notices i aint eating :p

Thx all x

wow - what a result!!! thats ace! totally awesome. i bet your boss really respects your honesty and your willpower... im sure he holds you in high esteem.

well done cankster and i hope u have a great time xox

Thx all x

Sorted :) Back of the net !

Julz - I tried adding to your rep for that post (which was top) but it said I'd already given you one too recently & I had to give someone else one 1st ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Add double entendre, mix well & drink within 15 minutes lol

Good for you fella ..............at least you dont have to carry an STD around with you lol

hey cankster well thats great news... at least its something you dont have to worry about and enjoy the weekend!!!

auck howdy...

Sorted :) Back of the net !

Julz - I tried adding to your rep for that post (which was top) but it said I'd already given you one too recently & I had to give someone else one 1st ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Add double entendre, mix well & drink within 15 minutes lol

u r so nice to me - i will fall head over heels in love if u keep this up lol ;) xox

Back