help!!! need to lose 10stone by may 2012

gills74

Hi there, my name is gillian, and i am sick of saying i need to lose weight and never ever can stick to it, i love my chocolate buns crisps etc too much.:( Now though i am weighing in at 23stone. Real bad. I am going to florida this time next year and would love to be able to lose 10 stone for going (12months time)
Do you think this is acheivable, and what is the best diet there, i love my carbs, can anyone help me plzzzz:confused:
:newbie:

Hi Gills, I have just lost 10st, it has taken me 3 years but and I stress but, I tried to do it alone for the first 2 and a half years, I have been on all the diets you can think of and for me the one I am on now is the best (you may find that another one will be better for you), I still have another 10st to lose, unfortunately I let my weight get way out of control and ended up at 31st 7lbs, I am now 21st 7lbs, I joined S/W at the beginning of November and have lost close to 4st since, I have good weeks and bad weeks, but on average I lose about 2lb a week, that's an incredible 7 and a half stone in a year...I eat so much food and I follow the plan as much as I can, I am human and I have days where I slip up, but S/W gives you the freedom, especially on the Extra Easy plan (there are red and green plans too, which are aimed at meat eaters-red plan and vegetarians- green plan)and it allows you to have lots of everything as long as 1/3 of every meal is made up of super free food...which is veg, fruit, certain meats, beans, fish, pulses and so on. Yes 10st is achievable within 1 year but as a long time dieter and one who has major amounts of success only to put it all back on and some, I would say losing at a slower 1-2lbs a week would be a better way of doing it, as you are more likely to keep it off in the long run (I lost 9st in 8 months to go on holiday and put it all back and a lot more).
Anyway hun, whatever plan you choose, I wish you the very best, gl with your journey.
Lily x

Do you want to follow a recognized diet going to a slimming class, or doing it yourself counting calories or even trying a Very Low Calorie Diet (such as Cambridge, Lighter Life, Lipotrim or Exante)?

Concentrate on a stone at a time.

Irene xx

Thanks girls, it is sooo hard. i am now 23stones, and i really need to lose the weight so bad, im going on my 1st holiday next may and i really want this weight off. i find it really bad, as i cant exercise that much as i suffer sciatica and my back is in bits. i have slimming world books here, and it says basically u can eat as much carbs as u like!!! im just going to go by the books and see if it helps. My health isnt great and i worry i wont be here for my sons, my mum and dad are both dead and have no more family, so really want this weight off as quick as possible! i just have a really addictive nature and find chocolate and crisps etc so tempting all the time. im hoping this works!

Hello and welcome:).You will get great support,ideas,recipes on here on which ever plan you decide to do.Set yourself small goals along the way.Good luck:)xx

Hello and welcome:).You will get great support,ideas,recipes on here on which ever plan you decide to do.Set yourself small goals along the way.Good luck:)xx

hi thanks for answering, yeah i have a sw book here and it seems to allow u so much carbs if im reading it right on the original plan! just going to really put my mind to it! though i do love mash potatoes lol

slimming world all the way i know so many people who have lost rreally large amounts in a year or less and kept it off :) been reading some inspirational stories on official sw fb page and there is a lady who lost 15 pounds in her first week! if u stick to sw 100% i totally believe you can loose 10 stone in a year! i've tried all the diets and sw is the only one i can stick to realistically and you can eat loads! :) x

hi thanks for answering, yeah i have a sw book here and it seems to allow u so much carbs if im reading it right on the original plan! just going to really put my mind to it! though i do love mash potatoes lol
Hi Gills nothing wrong with mashed potatoes, I love them too but instead of using butter/marg and or milk to mash them with, use a stock cube made up with 7ml water or my personal favourite is with fat free yogurt or fromage frais and herbs, I use mint coriander and paprika but they are just my favourites.
Like you I have sciatica problems and I am also classed as disabled, I had an accident in 1998 that left me bed bound for 2 years, but I have managed with the aid of the wii to claw back some of my fitness, mainly because I can do a few minutes at a time and then sit for a few minutes, I started doing 5 minutes or even less 6 months ago and I can now do in the region of 30 minutes without a break and I do in excess of 2 hours exercise most days, I usually give myself a day off mid week and weekends, and 2 weeks ago I even bought the zumba and I would say I can do about 75-80% of that too but again with small breaks in between.
As was said earlier, you only need to ask if you are stuck there are hundreds of people only too willing to help you along the way. Gl xx

I have just started s/w and i'm going strong! The best thing I have done is ensuring I have a syn free snack in the fridge to stop temptations! Really emoting Reading all ur experiences and challenges ahead, I have never felt so positive about loosing weight, I have around 3 stone to loose! Good luck to u on ur journey x

Hi Gills, I have just lost 10st, it has taken me 3 years but and I stress but, I tried to do it alone for the first 2 and a half years, I have been on all the diets you can think of and for me the one I am on now is the best (you may find that another one will be better for you), I still have another 10st to lose, unfortunately I let my weight get way out of control and ended up at 31st 7lbs, I am now 21st 7lbs, I joined S/W at the beginning of November and have lost close to 4st since, I have good weeks and bad weeks, but on average I lose about 2lb a week, that's an incredible 7 and a half stone in a year...I eat so much food and I follow the plan as much as I can, I am human and I have days where I slip up, but S/W gives you the freedom, especially on the Extra Easy plan (there are red and green plans too, which are aimed at meat eaters-red plan and vegetarians- green plan)and it allows you to have lots of everything as long as 1/3 of every meal is made up of super free food...which is veg, fruit, certain meats, beans, fish, pulses and so on. Yes 10st is achievable within 1 year but as a long time dieter and one who has major amounts of success only to put it all back on and some, I would say losing at a slower 1-2lbs a week would be a better way of doing it, as you are more likely to keep it off in the long run (I lost 9st in 8 months to go on holiday and put it all back and a lot more).
Anyway hun, whatever plan you choose, I wish you the very best, gl with your journey.
Lily x

Thats amazing weight loss! Well done... :)

ive only been on tesco ultraslim for 5days upto now, was a nightmare at first, love to have maccy d's breakfasts with my fella before work.. love a can of pepsi on a night.. and a kebab on a night..

done well this week eat wise, bought loadsa fruits and cereal bars and ultra slim crisps to snack on.. especially as am off work this week i get bored.. boredom = eating :\

ive spent 2days out and about so not eaten, and today im stuck at home all day was dreading it.. but for breakfast i had a shake, i snacked on some ultra slim crisps at 10ish, and now im eating an apple and will do a shake soon and prepare tonights tea of chicken breast and jacket potato n salad.. im keeping myself busy as i possibly can today by pricing stuff up for a carboot sale on sunday to raise some wedding funds.. i go back to work on tuesday, thats hard... kitchen.. free for picking... i shall really try so hard not to! xx

doctor says correct weight for my height is btween 8 and 11 stone, so id need to lose 8 to 9 stone to meet that, urgh! am just aiming for size 20 for now, then will aim to an 18 and so on good luck xx

Hi, i think ten stone in a year can be acheived with regular exercsie and a calorie controlled diet.

It would help for you to look at various diets and see what would be right for you.

Have you thought about visiting your GP? You would be ideal for Xenical, which is what i'm on. It's not a quick fix, there are rules that have to be followed to allow the Xenical to work.

There are VLCD diets, like cambridge for example that get the weight off quick, however there are downsides, as there are with any diet.

wishing you lots of luck, you'll do it!

Back