Help needed re. treats

The Maid

I want to start SW again as I have put on 10lbs since quitting group last year after losing 2 stone. I only really started to put the weight on after Christmas. My main prob. has been that ALL my previous treats I had last year either aren't available or no longer appeal. First, Cadbury's Freddos & Dairy Milk choc. which I really don't like anymore. In fact chocolate just doesn't appeal to me at all. Secondly, Nestle's stopped doing their Cappucino KitKats. Then, Symington's changed the formulation of their Dandelion Coffee ruining it by making it too sweet. In their defense, they have held a panel of tasters (including yours truly) but still haven't launched a better version. I switched to Mocha Skinnys which are, I think, 3.5 syns a cup and I have one or two max. a day but this may have added to my overdoing the syns along with ice cream this summer!

Anyway, I just don't know what to try as a syn treat alternative to chocolate or KitKats. I'm not a crisp eater. I just think that it will be easier to stick to SW if I have a treat to look forward to at the end of the day. Anyone got any suggestions or general advice? BTW I love baking (also a weight gainer!) but I will not cook with artificial sweeteners as I have read that there is a possible link to cancer so I'd rather stear clear, thank you.

I like the Refresher Ice lollies £1 for a box of 8 in tesco - 3 syns each
They're really fruity and tangy. Or Mini Milks.

I love meringue nests if I have a real sweet craving (2.5 syns)

How about Mini Twister ice creams - 2.5 syns for the fruity ones, or the choc ones are 2 syns each!

I try not to eat chocolate for my treats as i dont seem to know when to stop eating it lol, so my favourite evening treat at the moment is strawberry mini meringues (1 syn each) from tesco crushed over raspberries and strawberries and smothered in FF fromage frais :) absolutely hits the spot for me

good luck with shifting that 10lb and continuing with your SW journey xx

Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried all of them. Unfortunately, too many meringues with yoghurt and berries and too many mini twisters, mini milks etc mean they no longer feel like a treat. My kids love the refresher lollies but I don't. Anyway, I popped into Thorntons with the kids and am trying a bag of their fruit rocks as a treat, remind me of my childhood! I'm going to experiment with different soup recipes too to add variety to my diet and try to reduce the amount of sweet things I eat and see what effect that has on my taste buds. Who knows, maybe I'll start enjoying things I've got bored with? Thanks again.

Back