Target help needed!

MissPiggy1989

Hey guys and gals,

I've been lurking on here for months now but this is my first post.

So I started SW in March and 3 weeks ago I had managed to lose 2st 1lb to reach my 10st target. I was super proud of myself and felt great. So great that I thought I deserved to treat myself for a day or two, which turned into a week, then two, and well I'm struggling to get back on the wagon now! I've only put 2lb back on (shockingly) so I'm still within target range but can see me slipping out of that rather quickly if I don't do something soon!

I'm desperate not to regain all the weight, in fact I actually want to lose a bit more but I just can't seem to get my head in the game and do it. I start every day as a new day with good intentions and eat well at work but then when I get home in the evening out come the biscuits etc, I just seem to have lost all self control again.

Anybody have any advice on shaking myself out of this?

Hi MissNotSoPiggyAnymore, and congrats on not only your weight loss, but also your first post.

Firstly, do you or did you go to a slimming world group? If so get yourself back down there. I think there's a saying at sw that went something like... When its all going well the group needs you, when it isn't you need the group. Makes sense when you think of it like that.

If you aren't a group member, there's a thread for 100% day slimmers. They focus on one good day at a time, so you might find it useful to post there daily whilst you try to get your mojo back.

Can you pinpoint why you are starting to go off the rails a tad? Is it boredom in the evenings? Feelings of ' made it' so you don't feel like you need to put the effort in? Maybe you have lost the incentive now that you made target? I am quite goal orientated, so maybe you need to set yourself some mini targets such as getting a string of 100% days under your belt. Or maybe starting a food diary on here?

Good luck x

Thanks blue*smartie! Although I didn't have chance to respond straight away I did spend all weekend thinking about what you wrote and I came to the conclusion that you were right about pretty much everything!

I was going to group, although I have quite a demanding job and group is during my lunch hour so I often only have time to nip in and weigh but not stay to group. And I've only been once since hitting target so I'll be taking your advice and getting myself back to group!

I think my problem is a combination of everything you suggested really. I do get bored in the evenings and tend to gorge out of bordom, or comfort if it's been a bad day! But I was also feeling like I'd crossed the finish line by getting to target so thought I could be naughty again - big mistake! Like you I'm quite goal orientated and always need to have something to work towards and a plan to get there, I think this might be a big reason why I've fallen off the wagon because I no longer have a target weight to work towards!

I've taken your advice in aiming for as many 100% days in a row as possible - currently on 2 days after a bit of a mad weekend!

Thanks for the advice! X

Hi, when I feel as if I'm falling off the wagon, I made up some syn free snacks like ham & mushroom egg muffins and pop them in the fridge also I keep chopped up fruit and veg and seafood sticks in the fridge for easy pickings not to say it is a mentally satisfying as a biscuit but as its quick to hand it may help you stay in control.
Good luck with you 100% days in a row, not heard of this before might give it a go myself x

Hi, when I feel as if I'm falling off the wagon, I made up some syn free snacks like ham & mushroom egg muffins and pop them in the fridge also I keep chopped up fruit and veg and seafood sticks in the fridge for easy pickings not to say it is a mentally satisfying as a biscuit but as its quick to hand it may help you stay in control.
Good luck with you 100% days in a row, not heard of this before might give it a go myself x

That's a good idea! I've stocked up on muller lights and got rid of all the biscuits to get rid of the temptation, I just need to prepare some speed snacks now!

On 3 100% days now and feeling much more positive (and a lot less bloated haha)

X

That's great news, glad to read that you are getting in the zone, and you can't really beat the 7P's when dieting. What are the 7P's I hear you say. Prior planning & preparation prevents p1ss poor performance!

Congratulations! That's an incredible achievement, you should be very proud:)

I've been maintaining now for longer than I was losing, over 2 years and sorry to break the bad news but I find maintaining harder than losing! I think the other posters are right. You need a new target. Even if it's to look as smokin' hot as you do now in 2 months time for that wedding you're going to, or that holiday you've booked... or a different focus, like exercise.

I find fitness goals good. I run quite a bit so in the last couple of years I've worked at that, and got better. I still have the odd too many treats here and there but when I need to reign it in, I can and I do. I don't want to be a fat runner and it's bad for the knees ;)

I found when I was losing weight, I needed to keep it exciting by cooking new things every week and I make sure I still do the same now. I am constantly looking at recipes and thinking of how I can adapt them for Slimming World.

Don't worry though, you've got this. You've just got to find the balance and keep the focus xx

Hi MissPiggy, well done on your loss and for wanting to get back on track. I found that the hardest bit was not the losses to get to target but the work and focus that is required to keep within target range. The reason we are all on SW in the first place is that we have a tendency to be overweight by varying degrees and left to our own devices will generally revert to old habits. The job isn't done when you get to target , the apprenticeship finishes then the real job starts to keep in target range. Mindset, focus and planning may need a tweak. Plenty of "synners" on here getting back on it, me included. You're in good company, not alone and surrounded by great support as and experience as above. Go back to class if it works for you. All the best.

Back