Help needed to get motivated (non diet related)

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
Help , i need motivation. I am 100% on diet today and having no probs sticking to it so far, i need to get off my backside and get the house tidied, living room is spotless but i have no dishes left, they area all dirty, i had to use a straw for my mullerlight how sad is that!! Also the rest of my house is messy, i have a mountain of clean washing to put away which i can't face, and a mountain of dirty washing to wash and a bathroom that needs a good scrub. I don't know how i let it get so bad :cry::cry:

dont worry im the same, gotta put xmas decs away, do a mountain of washing and ironing and the washing up is like a tower.But iv jus had an aero hot choc and feel happy soim going to start with it all

my routine has slipped over christmas, half the house looks like a car boot sale, i'm behind with the washing and ironing.
Have promised myself will have a real good go tomorrow, friday is my daughters birthday and i am scheduled to have 10n screaming 9 year olds here.
i know just how you feel, kids gone back to school after the hols and i keep telling myself am entitled to a bit of me time.
join me tomorrow ??

Hi Betty
What you need is some music to dance to while u do it all. Honestly it never fails with me. I put magic 363 on sky upstairs and down and soon get it all done. Oh and turn off the pc and laptop lol
Rach xx

I agree with Rach. Put the music on nice and loud and tackle everything head on. Turn off the pc/laptop and telly!!!!

hiya, i wish i could come round and give you a helping hand. im absolutely obbsessed with cleaning my house. i swear i have ocd.
i cant go out the house if i know there is a dirty plate in the washing up bowl. have a lucozade or a couple of coffees and blair your music.do one room one by one. you will get there good luck x

hiya blondie. its shelly from duston, you off to your meeting tonight. im well p****D off cuz me mums let me down so i cant go now till next monday. was really looking forward to going and getting all me books. hows your diet going. its me third day and i had a bit of a blow out last night. was a bit down in the dumps so i had 4 chocolate biscuits,5 quality street sweets and a slice of xmas cake so then i felt really guilty and did some fast walking on me treadmill whilst watching eastenders xx

I'm exactly the same, my house is a hell hole and I have no routine. Got 2 children under 2 so trying to keep tidy is a nightmare. Have you looked at flylady.net it's a bit cheesy but I did follow it once before. It at least gives you a starting point

i had to use a straw for my mullerlight how sad is that!!

I'm sorry but that really made me LOL!! It's happened to me before but I usually just wash one spoon - never thought of a straw!

I would get a big sinkful of very very hot soapy water going and stick the dishes in to soak - fill any pots or pans with hot soapy water and leave to the side. Whilst their soaking, sort the laundry and stick a load in. By the time you finish that the dishes will be ready to tackle and will take no time at all. YOu'll feel much better once one room is done and once the dishes are done!

I'm exactly the same, my house is a hell hole and I have no routine. Got 2 children under 2 so trying to keep tidy is a nightmare. Have you looked at flylady.net it's a bit cheesy but I did follow it once before. It at least gives you a starting point

I have just had q quick look at flylady. wow dont mean tos ound like a ssaddo but am going back for a proper look later

dont worry we all get like it well me on a regular basis i have only washed last nights up a while ago lol

Ha thanks guys for all the advice, i have got myself into a rut. Still haven't done anything, the baby has taken up too much time. My son is meant to be going to tae kwon do at half 6 but i can't find his belt or his card, and i'm always in a mad rush to get his injections, dinner and outfit ironed and on so i think i will keep him home tonight, and get stuck in when my oh gets in from work, he can look after kids and i can get on with it. Son can go to tae kwon do next week as usual.

I am defo going to take a look at that website.

Stacey, i normally would wash one spoon, but i couldn't find one, that is how messy my kitchen is lol

Hopefully can get everything back on track tonight and be mega organised from tomorow. Why are all my friends who have kids so organised and can keep a show home and i'm forever getting in a mess

ive got a baby to and what i tend to do is stick her in her cot watching her favorite film why i do the upstairs first then she comes down stairs with me and i give her a duster and she oretends ti pollish for me while i sort down stairs out. i dont have much to do in day as when my little girl goes to bed i start on the house work again washing all the floors, pollishing,cleaning windows,ironing,washing up etc. told you i was ocd!

You lot make me laugh when I end up nodding along with the posts.
I wash one spoon too if there's too much of a pile. And wash one glass or mug.
I don't dare to put things in to soak or I end up leaving them til the water's cold then emptying it again.

My failing is the ironing, to the point where I even considered buying a decorative screen to hide it!!!:eek:

Terrible, but we all get like it. The way I see it the place is clean and I wouldn't die of shame if I had unexpected visitors - although I might keep them in one room. :8855:

Back