help not doing great

Hi New to this site so hi everyone, just looking for a bit of support and advise really. Been doing SW since end of dec and so far have only lost 5ib and finding it a bit disheartening, I have two stone to loose, any tips advise for me would be really appreciated. Am never sure if I am eating to much/less I seem to eat a lot of carbs etc? Thanks

Heya

Welcome to this site and aww hun don't be disheartended as people lose weight slowly when its not too much to lose *hugs*. Are you doing any exercise? Are you eating enough fruit and drinking enough water aswell? :) Maybe post a food diary so others can see what you are eating and advise you based on that?

Thanks so much for your kind message, I eat plenty of fruit and water I sip abou two litres a day.

I have posted a couple of typicals I'm doing extra easy

Day 1
Egg
Lean bacon
Mushrooms
Beans
Tomatoes
Bread heb choice
Coffe milk hea choice x 3
Diet coke x2
Water
2oranges
Mango
Apple
Mug shot 1.5 syn thai
1.5 syn butter
French fries 4
Chilli sw recipe with ex lean mince etc
Jacket pot
1 wine 6
2 gin low cal tonic 5

Day 2
2 weatabix heb
Mullerlight
Milk hea
Coffee
Diet coke
Orange
Pear
Apple
Mug shot chicken
Low fat s noodles
Sw chow mein
French fries walkers 4.5

Any advise would be welcome

Hi sorry to be a pain, but could you repost your list with meals ie

Breakfast
Egg, Lean bacon, Mushrooms, Beans, Tomatoes

Lunch & Dinner

It will be easier to see if you are getting your 1/3 of superfree on your plate then. Plus day 2 does seem a little 'light' ie not much food, perhaps adding more superfree foods to those sort of days would help

Without seeing the rest of your week you might also want to make sure that you stick to 15 syns a day rather than a weekly syn allowance... because you had 18 syns day 1 and 4.5 syns day 2.
It might make a difference...

Thanks for the message I think this may be where I am going wrong

Day 1
Breakfast
Egg poached, lean bacon, mushrooms in f light, heb choice warburton brown bread

Snack
Mug shot
F fries 4 syns

Lunch
Salad boiled eggs x2
Strawberrys
Diet coke

Snack mu shot
Apple

Dinner
Sw shep pie

Day 2
Breakfast
Toast heb
Mushrooms
Eggs
Lean bacon

Snack
Fruit salad
Mug shot

Salad lean bacon quorn sausage x3

Snack quavers 4.5
Apple pear

Dinner
Jack pot
Beans

Evening
3 x vodka tonics 7.5

Any sugestions if I get hungry I may add to this with low fat s noodles as another snack. I have two coffees with milk a day and the rest green tea and water and the odd diet coke.

Thanks

Never know about the syns really somedaya I go over and some I am less. Do I need to have all 15 every day or can I say have a weekly sin allowance say 70-80 syns or do I have to stick to 10-15 a day?

My consultant says that you can save syns so you don't have to have 15 syns a day.

Also our consultant was saying that even though mugshots are free sometimes people have too many in a week - Are you having one everyday?

Some people use them as a weekly allowance, some stick to the 5-15 day rule. SW recommend the 5-15 a day, but I think it is a personal choice and if you find it works better for you having different syns totals then continue doing it.

Its hard to tell, just on the 2 days that you have posted, but here's some suggestions

a) You dont appear to having enough super free with your meals. It does need to be 1/3 of your plate for it to work

b) a lunch of salad and 2 eggs is probably not substaintial enough, You could make a SW quiche to bulk that up a bit and maybe add a soup as well? On another day you had jacket potato and beans - you could have added a salad to that and maybe have some grilled tomatoes and mushrooms mixed with the beans to make it more substantial

c) Mugshots - these are my consultants new 'bug bear' and she is actively trying to stop us eating them as much. Yes, they are free but they are also high in calories for what you get (think its 250 each) and they are also quite high in additives etc, and you are having 1/2 a day. Plus SW recommend on the EE plan that you look for superfree for your snacks in preference to free food

I would recommend eating more at mealtimes and try to reduce your mughsot intake and see how it goes. Hopefully with more filling meals you wont find the need to snack on the mugshots as much :)

Sum and I go to the same group, hense us both picking up on the mugshots lol- the nagging must be sinking in Sum hahahaha :cool:

Sum and I go to the same group, hense us both picking up on the mugshots lol- the nagging must be sinking in Sum hahahaha :cool:

haha i agree but its good! Haven't had a mug shot all week so have been good :p Then again i've used up all my syns aswell lol

Thanks for all your messages, some really useful tips will def try laying off the mugshots and adding more superfree to my meals.

I do sip water all day, I carry a bottle about with me at work and stuff. Was trying to stick to the 5-15 syn a day rule but was not working for me on a daily basis so just trying out 70 over a week instead for now

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and also new to SW. Tronnieshopper, I feel disheartened too. I'm desperate for advice as well. I've been on SW for 2 weeks, after 4 weeks with WW with not an ounce of weight loss. Week 1 on SW was a bit soul destroying and emotional as I somehow managed to put on 5 pounds! I stuck to 15 syns max a day and did a mixture of red, green and ee. I wrote down every morsel that passed my lips. I've got my wk2 weigh in on tuesday and am dreading it. I took a sneaky look on my scales and not lost anything, but at least not gained another 5 pounds! I've been going to the gym regularly, but my measurements haven't changed either. I feel healthier on SW so there must be something in it, but for some reason I only feel partly comforted by feeling healthier and being able to run longer and further. Any tips? Has anyone else put on weight when switching from ww to sw? I'm at a loss...apart from on the scales

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and also new to SW. Tronnieshopper, I feel disheartened too. I'm desperate for advice as well. I've been on SW for 2 weeks, after 4 weeks with WW with not an ounce of weight loss. Week 1 on SW was a bit soul destroying and emotional as I somehow managed to put on 5 pounds! I stuck to 15 syns max a day and did a mixture of red, green and ee. I wrote down every morsel that passed my lips. I've got my wk2 weigh in on tuesday and am dreading it. I took a sneaky look on my scales and not lost anything, but at least not gained another 5 pounds! I've been going to the gym regularly, but my measurements haven't changed either. I feel healthier on SW so there must be something in it, but for some reason I only feel partly comforted by feeling healthier and being able to run longer and further. Any tips? Has anyone else put on weight when switching from ww to sw? I'm at a loss...apart from on the scales

Heya Hun - Welcome to this site and SW. Sorry that your feeling disheartened but SW does work *Hugs*

I have a few questions for you: Are you eating enough fruit? Are you drinking enough water and eating enough? Also when you are doing EE are you having 1/3 superfree? Is it possible for you to post a food diary so we can see what your eating please?

Back