help..not working for me!

Vikki_uk

Hi i started doing slimming world about 3 weeks ago. I haven't been to the classes but follow it from the magazine and from what my sisters told me. I stick to doing the red and green days (mainly green), i have my a and b choices every day, but i've only lost like 2pound in 3 weeks! Can anyone help me...here is what i'd eat on a typical green day....
Breakfast - 28g oatibix(B Choice) with 100mls milk (A Choice).& 1 banana
Dinner - 1 pack ainsley harriot cous cous spice sensation. 1 muller lite yoghurt
Tea - syn free chips or jacket potato with beans and 42g reduced fat cheese (BChoice).
Now it's annoying me cos i'm really sticking to it and not really getting anywhere. plllleeease help xxxxxxx

Hi Vikki

My first response to what you're eating is that you're not eating enough! My consultant advises trying to have 10 free foods a day and make sure you're having your syns.

I've been back at SW for 8 weeks now and the amount I'm eating in a day has doubled at least :D I'm doing nearly all green days now after struggling with red and that slowed my weight loss but then picked up again.

Stick with it because it does work :)

here is what i'd eat on a typical green day....
Breakfast - 28g oatibix(B Choice) with 100mls milk (A Choice).& 1 banana
Dinner - 1 pack ainsley harriot cous cous spice sensation. 1 muller lite yoghurt
Tea - syn free chips or jacket potato with beans and 42g reduced fat cheese (BChoice).

You don't say how much you have to lose, but it does look as if you're not eating enough. If your body gets significantly less energy every day than it needs, it will be very reluctant to let go of fat stores.

Are you having some Syns every day, too? If not, you should be.

Definitely not eating enough a day. Are you having the rest of your milk in drinks? Also, you need more in the way of fruit, veg, salad in there.

If you've changed what you're eating by a lot then your body may be in 'panic mode' and hanging on to calories. I lost 8lb in my 1st week and put a couple back on the following week.

Is there anyway you can go to one class even if just to get the books and have the consultant explain it to you in detail?

My first thought was that you're only having 1 of your 5 a day. How much do you need to lose? If you only have a little to lose, it is harder, but I eat much more than that on a typical day! Why not try snacking on fruit such as apples, oranges or some carrot sticks in between meals, it may help boost your metabolism, and will get more fruit and veg in you.

Trust these wise women - you're not eating enough. Now I know that sounds crazy, but it's what happened to me when I started (living in Madrid, I can't go to class neither. Thank God for Minimins). My biggest losses have been weeks when I've stuffed up on Free Foods - so much so that He Who Thinks He's Boss even said I never stopped eating.

I don't know how it works, but eat some more and watch that weight go!

Definitely not eating enough Huni!
My other question would be...what milk are you having at only 100mls??? You need to be adding more fruit, veg to your meals if you are not eating them already.

I agree with the other wise ladies - they know of what they speak! You're definitely not eating enough, not by far.

I love SW! What other diet tells you to EAT MORE!?!

Agree with all the above. Stuff your face with free things - get some fruit and veg down you and enjoy it. Don't feel restricted and tuck in :)

Back