Under the sea, heading for surface. My diet diary :-)

Underthesea

Hello!
Well this is the first time I've done one of these (I think...I've done that many diets I might have forgotten!) so I'll start with a bit about myself:
I'm 1.60 m (5 foot 4) and currently weigh 84.9 kg, which, Google informs me, is 13 stone 5 pounds.
I started dieting last week, on Thursday and in my first week I managed to lose 1.8 kg, (4 lbs). Not the amazing start I had imagined after reading everyone else's diaries on here (I've been lurking and building up the courage to do this for a couple of weeks!) but a) I know why it's not 10 lbs off, and b) sometimes the body takes a couple of weeks to get into the elusive Zone, so I'm not fretting it!
On the bonus side, I totally feel thinner, and my clothes are a little looser, so that's a the main thing! Or so I'm telling myself, anyway. There's a long way to go though so I won't be cracking open the size ten knickers quite yet.

So what else? I'm not telling my age as I am in a sulk about it, suffice to say that this is the year that I will no longer be a thirty-something whippersnapper. Boooo! Yes, I'm in total denial. If I were a man I would literally be rocking a scratty ponytail and full leather outfit, dating a 19 year old, and paying off a whopping loan on my new red convertible. It's bad, very bad.

I live in France, in Burgundy, hence the metric measures. Living in Burgundy is a challenge because of two things: wine, and cheese.
Anyway, we don't talk about those things any more.
The diet I am doing consists of shakes, bars and a small evening meal.
My days generally go something like this:
Wake up 7.30
About 9 have a mint green tea.
11.30 porridge pack
2 or 3 pm shake
5 or 6 pm bar
7 pm ridiculously tiny meal (but I like to have it as I want to sit down for dinner with my kids and not have them think: Mummy is on a mental diet....again.)
That meal is usually: quarter of a chicken breast grilled, 5 asparagus, 1/4 bowl of soup if I'm feeling cheeky!
But not always, sometimes I like to shake it up and I have: quarter of a chicken breast grilled, handful of green beans, boiled.
So that's the food, not much else to say about that really. Oh except, that at the weekends it tends to be slightly different, hence the not losing 10 lbs in my first week, but I'm working on that, watch this space!
I have 2 children, a boy who is 6 and a girl who is 3. They are my life. I have a husband too, he can be anything ranging from a huge pain in the a$$ to awesome depending on what day you catch me.
I've done a million and one diets over the years, but this is the one that works for me, I did Exante 4 years ago and was losing well but then I found out I was pregnant with my daughter and had to stop, put a massive ton of weight on, ignore it for 3 years, and wind up here now.

So that's me. I'll try and update as much as possible as I think being accountable will help, even if I am the only one reading it! Also, the support on these forums is insane, and some of the other dieters' journals on here is what got me doing this for real this time, so a big thank you!

Oh, almost forgot, my goal is to lose about 20 kg (about 3 stone and 3 lbs) by July.

Morning! Day 1 of week 2 and all is going well, had a sneak peak at the scales this morning as I was feeling quite skinny (for me) and another 0.6 kg (1.5 lbs) off, yay!!!
Love it!
Something I've noticed doing this is that I am a lunatic. As soon as something starts going well for me, especially diets, I have this crazy little voice in my head that tries to sneak in and scare me, like I literally get waves of panic that it won't work, that I'll never get there, that I can't do this, and at the same time I get sort of "urges" to just go and eat something!! What the hell is that all about???
Does anyone else get this?
Because it doesn't happen when I am not on a diet, I just happily bash on with life, avoiding mirrors/clothes/beaches/running situations, and pretend that all is fine, and the little voice is quiet!
The minute I start doing well on a diet, bang, there it pops back out, just like those little devils you see in cartoons sitting on people's shoulders and telling them to do stupid stuff!!
Anyway, not this time!! I see you, demon, and you will not have me this time!
My life is mine and I will do what the hell I want with it, and you are NOT ruling me anymore. Ha!! *flounces out swishing skirt*

Anyway, food today so far as consisted of a mint tea, I'll have my porridge in about 25 minutes and then off to work, lunch will be a chocolate shake and dinner tonight will be my usual chicken and steamed green veg (minute portion of ha!), I might have a bar at some stage if I start rumbling too much and scaring small children with my huge noisy stomach.

Have a great day y'all and brush those pesky demons of your shoulders!! xxx

Back