HELP, Off the wagon and rolling down the hill!!

wobblybum

I dont know where im supposed to write this there are so many topics etc. ive been doing SW for 4 weeks, lost a stone, was so happy, then life got in the way and i cant find my way back. Is there any help, advise or tips any one can give me please. i though i had cracked it this time, head was in the right space and i was managing, even the tough days, but ive lost my SW mojo and i need it back.

Many thanks

comfort eating mainly, then because as i feel so down, i dont feel like looking after myself or cooking, and ive not planned my meals or been shopping and i cant go today as the supermarket is shut by the time i finish work.:sigh:

Do you have anything in your house that's quick and free or low Syn? I get like this sometimes (and I've fallen off the wagon a lot, but not this time!), and find a MugShot or a tin of beans and a bit of cheese, something you can chuck together quickly with no efforts but that's warming and comforting. My main thing is snacking, crisps particularly, so I'll do some potato crisps in the microwave, i know you're supposed to Syn them (and do if you have left) but when you need something like that, you need them. What foods are your downfalls?

When i feel down any thing sweet or crisps, pizza etc but in large quantities. i normally try not to have them in the house and i wont go out just to buy, i dont really like going out unless i have to, but i was already out the other day and then there was no stopping me, i wasted £10 on junk and i dont even have much money!
How do you do the crisps in the microwave and whats the sys value?

Try and stock up on ingredients to make low Syn versions of those things, pitta bread for pizza base for example. The crisps are really easy, spray a plate with Frylight, slice potatoes really thinly and lay them on the plate, spray again with Frylight and season how you like (I normally do salt and vinegar) and stick in the micro for a minute, take them out to rest and put in again if they need I'm not sure on the syn value because the potato is supposed to be free, but apparently if you're not using it as intended you add a few Syns (hoping someone will correct this if it's wrong!) so I normally just do it as 2ish for a small amount.

I dont know where im supposed to write this there are so many topics etc. ive been doing SW for 4 weeks, lost a stone, was so happy, then life got in the way and i cant find my way back. Is there any help, advise or tips any one can give me please. i though i had cracked it this time, head was in the right space and i was managing, even the tough days, but ive lost my SW mojo and i need it back.

Many thanks

If you find it can you share a bit with me? :p

A whole stone in four weeks is totally amazing! What an inspiration - I would be ecstatic with such an enormous loss in such a short time! Well done you! :)

It is really hard sometimes though, isn't it? I've done SW twice before and lost 3 stone each time and stupidly put it back on again. What an idiot! I felt amazing when I'd lost it and loved shopping for clothes I liked, rather than clothes that hid a multitude of sins! The second time I tried it though, I'd stuck to it religiously the first week and was devastated to find I'd actually put a pound ON! Even the group consultant, after checking my food diary, couldn't work out what had happened. Anyway, I stuck with it for another week and, luckily, lost four pounds then so it gave me the encouragement to carry on.

Try to vary what you eat as much as possible and for the days when you're pushed for time, check out the low Syns ready meals or parts of meals. I really do wish you the best of luck and, bearing in mind the stone you've already lost, you've got all the evidence you need to show you that you can do it.

All the best,

Kathy x

Hi chocko1, thank you for your support, although, i must confess, i have not lost a stone anymore, i put on 2.7lbs this week, so ive take my stone award off my signature :cry:
although i think it have some what discovered why i was struggling so much, or at least given myself an excuse. about 6 weeks ago i came off the pill ( last break i had was in 2004) then yesterday i came on, so im putting it down to my hormones all over the place, ive been back on plan now for 2.5 days so hope it continues, and ive got a SW cottage pie finishing off in the oven for tonight, hoping to make it 3 days. xx

I'm off plan at the moment too, struggling the last few days to control my Syns, have put on 2lbs :(. I so hope you manage to shift what you've gained, it's so disheartening but don't give up, we'll only regret it if we do! X

Hi chocko1, thank you for your support, although, i must confess, i have not lost a stone anymore, i put on 2.7lbs this week, so ive take my stone award off my signature :cry:
although i think it have some what discovered why i was struggling so much, or at least given myself an excuse. about 6 weeks ago i came off the pill ( last break i had was in 2004) then yesterday i came on, so im putting it down to my hormones all over the place, ive been back on plan now for 2.5 days so hope it continues, and ive got a SW cottage pie finishing off in the oven for tonight, hoping to make it 3 days. xx

Fingers crossed for a good loss then, after your star week. Sounds like you're getting sorted now though - very organised with your cottage pie! :D Good luck.

Kathy x

I hope you're feeling better now.
Maybe you could go on the SW website and look up recipes you've not tried before. That could keep it interesting and exciting.... You've done well so far losing a stone in 4 weeks. I know you can keep going. Have confidence in yourself :)

Back