Help oh wise ones! Now with scarey pics!

Your family have seen a huge change and to them they have concerns how far you may take this. You look fab is your pictures, I'd be happy to look like that at goal thats for sure :)
Your at the top of your BMI so still healthy to take it a bit lower if you can and if thats what YOU want.....we'll support you all the way hunny
xx

Thanks hun.
I do want to drop lower within the healthy BMI I think its probably as others have said people who are close to me have never seen me like this...although nor have I lol...
I am going to go on....couldnt do it without you guys though your all stars, and the only ones who understand!

You look great to me, I can kinda see what your family and friends are saying. But at the end of the day, its up to you what you decide to do in the end. But maybe its your mind thats still making you see the way you were and not the way you are now. Not sure how you change the mindset, are you still dressing the same? Do you think that could help, by getting some advice a la Gok Wan style on how to dress your new shape to its best?

I can understand what you are saying.. I have a while to go.. I started at 20.6.. I am now 3 months in and 18.2..I have dropped 2 dress sizes but I want to be 10 stone...and everyone..my mum, the nurse @ the doctors! all say..oh noo thats too low for you..you won't look right.
Really it is your own choice.. you can take what they say but they don't live in your body... the more I have thought about it I would rather go by the way in which I feel in clothes etc than the weight the scale says (as long as it gets down between the healthy range) It is really hard but at the end of the day you are the only person who is able to know x x

Snuggle, I think you look great as you are. How about staying around that weight for a few weeks and see how you feel a bit further down the line?

I knew I could rely on you guys for sensible answers, you actually understand. I think that I am going to carry on for now, its only coming off slowly now and just see what happens, those around me will have to get used to an even smaller me :)

Snuggles i think you look great but it is not about what i think its about how your feel. If you feel you need to loose another stone then you go for it girl! I wouldnt think you are addcited to dieting but finding it hard to see how slim you are now and to think thin after being large is really difficult. If you are enjoying the plan and it would make you happy to continue then do so. Good luck and let us know how you get onxx

It s a hard journey indeed, some times I look in the mrror and can't believe its me and other times I can't see how I've changed!
I think you've done amazingly! Well Done! I like the suggestion about treating yourself, have you been doing this? How about going out and getting yourself a nice outfit for where you are at now and just relaxing slightly? I went and got my hair restyled last week and am loving it! I felt like had outgrown it. Maybe you benefit from something like this too?
Thanks for sharing the pics and again well done but onky you can decide when you are happy as long as you are within the healthy weight range there shouldn't need to be any worry and as others have said other people have their own issues with our weight so take some time and listen to yourself and your body xxx

I've just started with SW and you ladies are an inspiration to me. Thank you!

One thought - you say you have some excess skin, what would you estimate you would weigh if you didn't have that? As someone said, losing an extra 7 lbs or so won't make a lot of difference, and may mean that your actual weight (minus excess) is at a good place. Maybe your friends feel you're looking a little gaunt because you're trying to get the number on the scale down to what you want, but have to accept that it is X plus Xcess!

Sorry to be so blunt. I don't exactly want to say something as naff as "wear it with pride" but your body shows the amazing journey you've taken. I imagine it would be very frustrating to have lost the weight but not look the way you want to, but please don't swap one weight problem with another, by sliding down the other side of the scale.

I've just started with SW and you ladies are an inspiration to me. Thank you!

One thought - you say you have some excess skin, what would you estimate you would weigh if you didn't have that? As someone said, losing an extra 7 lbs or so won't make a lot of difference, and may mean that your actual weight (minus excess) is at a good place. Maybe your friends feel you're looking a little gaunt because you're trying to get the number on the scale down to what you want, but have to accept that it is X plus Xcess!

Sorry to be so blunt. I don't exactly want to say something as naff as "wear it with pride" but your body shows the amazing journey you've taken. I imagine it would be very frustrating to have lost the weight but not look the way you want to, but please don't swap one weight problem with another, by sliding down the other side of the scale.

Annie welcome to our world! Everyone here is fantastic and you can always rely on them for help support and great advice, it will definatly make your journey easier.
As for the excess skin, the surgeon I saw said that on my stomach and the tops of my legs it would weigh in excess of a stone, really isnt a pretty site trust me! So I guess without that I would currently be sitting at around 10 stone. I have decided to carry on at the moment, and will probably rethink when I hit my interim target and see how I feel then. Thats as long as my body lets me drop that much as its slowed right down now even though I am following the plan 100%

you do look fab.you just need to believe it.Don't make the mistake I did after having my daughter. I went down to 9.5 stone on SW but couldn't accept I was slim and thought sod it and put it all back on-because I felt I was useless and would never look right.If you want to loose more thats fine but I wouldn't go too far. Your features will soften when you maintain your chosen weight for a afew months.xxx:devilangel:

Maybe you could agree to maintain for a while, and leave off the decision making for a month or so. This would give people (including you) some adjustment time.
Maintaining often means losing a little more, as you gradually find out how to adjust your plan so that you stay the same.

It's good to stop and smell the roses every so often and just accept where you are, and what is good there. Imagine going on a real journey and never stopping to appreciate the places you were passing through!

Ultimately it is your decision though, and others should try to respect that.

x

Hi Snuggles - love your pics, you look wonderful.
All I can see is a slim woman. But for those who have never seen you this weight, the new you that is emerging is going to be quite scary. It is inevitable that you will get these comments - I think that it is the curse of 'dieters' everywhere.
I am so sorry that you are not able to have the excess skin removed surgically - however, there are some great suggestions here, especially about coming to terms with your new body image.
I agree with louisedan, that everything will settle once you are maintaining - however, if you want to carry on losing weight, I don't think that it is a problem at all!
I think that you are wonderfully brave sharing this with us and I know that you will continue to get lots of support from everyone on here.

i can see what other people may think as your face looks slim..so seeing you go through the weightloss they might think it's too 'slim' for you as there not used to it! maybe you should lift your top up and say 'now see why im still losing weight' might shut them up :)
but to me you do look slim but far from 'skinny' (in a good way i hate word 'skinny' anyway) you look way more healthy than you was few years ago...
another thing, do you 'need' to lose more weight, you may think you do but its just excess skin as you say, i'd get to target and see how you feel then. but you look great hun\!

Awww i think you have been really brave coming & chatting like that :)

I think you look great - I have obviously not seen you before, so can not compare how you look now like your friends & family can. But IMO you look fine.

I think the idea of maintaining once at the target is a good one - gives you some time to get used to the new you, before loosing even more weight.

I have lost 3.5 stone now & have had some very similar comments - I was worrying myself about similar things as I'm not sure how much more I want to loose, but know I want more off IYSWIM?? I know it isn't the same by any means as you have lost an incredible amount of weight - but i do tend to see myself bigger than what I think I am? Don't get me wrong, I am much much happier as I am, but when yiou get the comments about being "skinny" I'm like - who? where? not me! haha

At the end of the day - yu have to do what is right for you. I think that if you could have the skin removed then you would probably be much happier & more confident in your body - but as you have said that isn't likely to happen - so maybe some image therapy would hugely benifit you.

What ever happens - we are all here for you x x

Big hugs and thanks to everyone that has commented, it has really helped me. I think my other issue is probably I have been losing weight for so long I am scared to stop! stupid although it sounds. I have another appt with the surgeon again in July the last one was in December last year and we will see what he says then. My other issue is could I really afford the time off work to have it done anyway?
I guess in the long run I just need to get my head around the new me and get on with life! x

Big hugs and thanks to everyone that has commented, it has really helped me. I think my other issue is probably I have been losing weight for so long I am scared to stop! stupid although it sounds. I have another appt with the surgeon again in July the last one was in December last year and we will see what he says then. My other issue is could I really afford the time off work to have it done anyway?
I guess in the long run I just need to get my head around the new me and get on with life! x

i supose if you know its coming then if possible you can save before hand. an after you be sooo much more confident!

Possibly Gemma, but I think it would mean at least 6 weeks off work which would be a lot of saving, and I'm not sure as its not essential my boss would be to happy with me being off that long as there isnt anyone who can cover for what I do...but never say never we will see what happens x

i think you look fabulous! I know what you mean though, a friend of mine has lost 6stone and she's now a size 12 and we always say she's far too 'thin' now, and thinking about it, she's not, from an outsiders view she's slim and healthy, but we're so used to seeing her bigger that it's a shock. you've made me realise that and i must apologise to her!

i think you should do what suits you.

if you're worried about the loose skin though, exercise can really really help. do you do any? loose skin is basically skin which has fat in it dragging it down, so you need to up your muscle ratio. you could say lose another 2 stone of fat, but put on 2 stone of muscle! so you'd be the exact same weight as you are now, but your body would look very very different.

if you have the facilities, speak to a local gym/personal trainer for advice. i know it sounds expensive, but you can get a good PT for about £25. even if you see them once every other month, it'll help. they have so much knowledge and can show you what to do. if you are a member of a gym don't bother with a PT and just ask one of the gym instructors for their advice and support.

i don't know what exercise you do at the mo, so if you're doing it already then ignore me! but if you're not, it can really help, not just physically, but mentally too! good luck.

p.s. you look fab-u-lous! well done on such an amazing achievement!

I cant see any pics apart from the profile one which looks fab

However it is all about you, and your body and how you feel about yourself

It is nice that your family and friends care about you, but if you dont feel happy about yourself (yet) then you need to keep going until you do

Big hugs and well done, you are a huge inspiration to newbies like me

x

Back