Help pleaase. Just started WW

sugarlove

I've just started WW, having done SW for the last 9 weeks, but I'm starving!:(

Hve done WW quite few times in the past, but think cos I've been used to big portions on SW, I'm struggling and feeling a bit deprived.

Anyone got any tips or having the same problem?
:D

eat more free veg, add it to evreything! And try to make your veggies more interesting, how about vegetable skewers?

Make 0 point soup. Also, I tend to eat lots of snacks/treats but they are all 0.5 or 1 points so it seems like I am eating loads! Porridge is a good filler upper in the morning too x

Hiya ,could I ask what made you swap plans?
I hardly feel hungry on ww I have done ww alot of times due to comfort/emotional eating yoyoed but ww for me works,I have learned the way to feel full on ww is through what they are promoting low GI foods

Im on 23 points at the moment this is what I have:

Breakfast 4 points
40g porridge low gi
200ml semiskimmed milk
artifical sweetner

Snack 1 point
Small banana low gi

Lunch 7 points
2 ww tortilla wraps low gi
2 slices of thin chicken
salad
small squart of extra light mayonnaise
1 pack of snack a jacks

Snack 1 point
shape feel fuller longer yoghurt

Dinner 8 points
80gram of (dry weight) wholewheat pasta low gi
1 oven baked chicken breast
free pointed veg
low fat pasta sauce

Desert 2 points if required or save.

I dont know how many points you can have and you may dislike what I have but its just an example,I try and have something low gi in each meal as it does keep you full,I do have hungery periods but thats how we should be not straving but hungry at meal times.

What have you been eating maybe do an average plan and we can see what you like and what may help make you feel fullier? xx:)

I awapped plans, and di find myself runing out of points at first, not becuase I was hungry, but because I was in a hurry to have all the foods that had been pretty much banned under SW. Crumpets and white bread for example. I don't feel hungry. I feel like I want to eat at times, lots of times, and with SW I could and did. That's why it didn't work for me! The thing is it's not hunger with me, it's wanting to eat! Stick with it. Your body does get used to what it gets.

Lynda

I awapped plans, and di find myself runing out of points at first, not becuase I was hungry, but because I was in a hurry to have all the foods that had been pretty much banned under SW. Crumpets and white bread for example. I don't feel hungry. I feel like I want to eat at times, lots of times, and with SW I could and did. That's why it didn't work for me! The thing is it's not hunger with me, it's wanting to eat! Stick with it. Your body does get used to what it gets.

Lynda

Yes thats very true you know its learning to eat when just hungry not emotional hunger which alot of us have sadly xx

Hi I swopped because I was losing weight quite slowly and I was not controlling my portion sizes on SW. Felt like I was eating too much for the sake of it.

Having said that, I was enjoying the food I was eating and never felt hungry.

I think you're right that I need to start eating more filling food. I've been having 2 crumpets for breakfast, because I've missed them so much on SW, but I should prob be eating something more filling.

Sure my body will get used to WW. Only started on Mon, but going it alone. Bought all the books from a mtg last night.

Thanks for advice

Our bodies also get used to the same foods variation helps us loss and not get bored,I have a thing about porridge and I know I have to have something else.
Im going it alone too cant see the sense going to meetings when ive been so many times.......Just stay here everyone is great and I think you'll have a good weigh-in :D xx

how do you weigh yourself at home?

Do you do it at the same time every week or at different times?

Think I'm going to weigh myself every Fri morn at about the same time

Hi I weigh every Monday am after I get up after the loo (sorry tmi lol) I have expensive scales that read the same as ww.The one thing thou if your scales addicted it can make it hard as you'll want to weigh yourself daily then you get disheartened as we lose and gain by the hour,but this way we save £5.50 and come here as a support daily,I funny enough do better alone than meetings as I dont like the comparitive of each other as in my last leader said someone was working harder than the rest of us as her weekly loses were 3-4lbs and she wasnt exercising where as I was 5 times a week,I just lose slowly:( but when you go weekly and the leader states 'if you all worked as hard as xxxx then you could lose as much' really made me cross,so I wont go anymore.TBH after 22 years of yoyoing I know the important stuff everything else I research or ask here and the support here is second to none xx

I am on day 3 and i feel hungry all the time! Its driving me mad that all i can think of is when its time to eat again!

I don't think its helped that i have had the week off work and have food all around me at home :(

I am having 18 points a day and i am trying to drink and eat as much veg as i can. I know its just emotional eating that has been getting the better of me :( Hopefully it will get easier soon.

naughty treats

hi ive been doing w/w for a few weeks found at the beginning i was eating healthier more filling foods but last couple of weeks have been eating far too many treats usually 6 points a day have been hungrier as it doesnt leave me that many points for my meals am on 20 points so am going to buy fewer treats and limit myself to 2 points for treats have had a couple of bad days know what im doing wrong so need to change it :)

Hi hun, I am a snacker and I feel deprived if I can't munch throughout the day. So, I have French Fries, Quavers, Wotsits, strawberries, WW bars (not all at once lol) sat at my desk so I don't feel 'on a diet'. It may not be the healthiest to some but its the only way I can do it. I still have satisfying meals but I can't live without my snacks!!

:)

Back