Total Solution Help please... After a night in hospital :-(

adretro

Loves being a loser...
Hi all

just wanted some advice please. I was taken in by ambulance to hospital last night following an episode of low blood pressure followed by me going into shock.
It wasn't attributed to the diet or my medication, so I want to carry on an usual but feel really rough and shaky. What do you suggest? Should I eat something? If so, what? I'm well and truly in ketosis and don't want to knock myself out but think sensibly I should add something till I'm 100% again.

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks for reading :)

Anna x

Hi Anna!

Sorry to hear that I hope you ok and feeling better soon!

Did you speak to the hospital about the diet? did they recommend you should be eating a bit more to make you feel better? We arent able to give medical advice so i would speak to your doctor or the hospital about whether you should eat or not..

if you are going to eat and wish to stay in ketosis just stick to the working solution - very low carb foods and lots of protein and the same drinks that you would have now, it would mean maybe slower losses for a few weeks but the important thing is that you make sure your better and look after you health

Thanks for your reply hun. The hospital were fairly useless to be honest, the paramedics were fab though!
I wasn't given any advice re diet or meds, but having trained in nutrition previously I know that Drs in general don't receive much training in this regard. They saw that all my vitals were fine and sent me home.
I since found out that it was a severe episode of reactive hypoglycemia so will be seeing my GP about it.
I'm starting to feel better now, I have a good rest, 2 scrambled eggs and a pack of cooked chicken pieces :) x
Onwards & downwards lol

I googled that there and it said low carb diets are the first step to treating it so you are on the right track then to helping yourself!

Hope you're feeling better. If the hospital are ok with you being on the diet I would suggest a couple of working solution to ease yourself back into total solution without such a shock to your system x

Hope you're feeling better. If the hospital are ok with you being on the diet I would suggest a couple of working solution to ease yourself back into total solution without such a shock to your system x

Thanks hun, feeling much better now, phew! Had a few low carb snacks yesterday and was relieved to still be in ketosis this morning. Think I'll carry on like this for the next few days and see how I get on :)

Hello! did not see the 'reactive' bit about the hypoglycaemic episode. Still think u should c a doc though, to just get checked over and take it easy...

Back