HELP PLEASE ANYONE...NOT LOSING!!!!

tinytots

heyy all , this is my first post and am really in need of some answers peeps, right well ill get right into the problem here it goes bit of a long story so.....back in 2007 when i was 17 i joined sw for first time i started at 14 st 7lbs for the first year everything was going really well and lost around 2 n half stone BUT then i did something really stupid and started cutting my food down and calories down missing out on lunches, some dinners, no syns etc because i was trying to loose weight quicker for my bf ( now fiancee) even tho he didn want me 2 i got it in my head soooo kept eating a lot less food, starving then binging at wkends and taking laxitives everyday so uve guessed it i ended up with bulimia type eating disorder( i never made myself sick tho) and i got down to 8st but my body was really taking its toll have bad digestive probs and a prolapsed bowel waiting for surgery ....so since last year i have decided to get my act together and started eating normal again but over xmas i gained a LOT of weight and now weigh 9st 10lbs and have joined sw again I AM doing it right this time eating properly but i am 8 weeks in and weigh a pound heavier than when i started i am doing it really correct i no because my body was starving for cuple of years my metaboloism is messed up but ive been eating normal now over a year it should have settled by now???my doc said weight gain could be due to contraceptive implant but have it in ovr yr n half now??:sigh: i run 20 miles a week, do exercise classes n dvds. but i am in despair i just want to get down to 8st 10lb but because its not been working im feeling really bad again if anyone can help me at all it would be appreciated thanku for reading this

Its really hard to see where it may be going wrong without seeing some sort of food diary or ideas even about the meals you have. You do a lot of exercise which tones your body rather than creates weight loss. If you can post even an example of a couple of days food intake then maybe we can advise better, and help you :)

I agree post a food diary & let us take a look.

also some body stats, height, weight, etc. how long have you been doing the plan for?

How tall are you? Could it be that you are a healthy body weight for your height?
The contraceptive implant will not stop you losing weight.
Exercise will help hun, it's so good for us, but it doesn't make the weight fall off much quicker for many of us, although it can help.

Has your consultant helped you? SW do actually say you can have your money back if you don't lose weight in 4 weeks, providing you give your consultant your food diaries each week and are showing to be following it correctly.

We need some more info to help hun. xx

heyy thanks everyone for your replies just feeling so disheartened at the min but i love slimming world because its helping me eat properly again and i definitely feel healthier for it right well my height is 5ft 4inch and my weight currently is 9st 10lbs ive been with slimming world since i was 17 so about 4 years but during my eating disorder periods i was off and on sw but ive beenback doing it properly since feb this yr i dont no if it could be my body paying me back for all the destruction ive been doing to it the last 2 yrs i also have ibs which plays up a lot i normally always done green days so i changed after not losing for 5 weeks and changed to ee and 1 green and 1 original during the week sometimes my food diary for few day is below thanks again everyone for any help use can give..:)

EE
breakfast: 42g all bran and chopped pinapple,berries and activia fat free yogurt
snack: apple and pear and 6 seafood sticks
lunch: potatoe and chicken with side salad, peppers,onions cucumber etc...and 2 tbsp hellmans xtra light mayo (1 syn)
dinner:tuna and pasta with large mixed salad and 2 tbsp xtra light mayo(1)
snacks:mullerlight
syns: mayo(2)
special k minis (5)

green
breakfast: 42g all bran pinapple,berries and fat free activia
snacks:apple, bananna
lunch: super low fat noodles or batchlors savory rice and 2 nimble and scrambled egg
dinner: sw chips beans quorn sausages and 2 dry light eggs.
snack:mullerlight
syns: bar of bournville(11 syns)
pkct of velvet crisps (4 syns)
heb(all bran and nimble)
hea( 350ml skim milk in morn and 350ml skim milk in evening for coffee)

original
breakfast: 42g all bran pinapple berries and fat free activia
snack : fruit
lunch: seafood sticks
dinner: iceland roast beef in gravy(free) veg and swede
heb:2 alpen light bars
syns: options hot choc (2 syns)
mini mars (4.5 syns)
pcket velvet crisps (4 syns)

there a few examples although last 2 weeks have been doing about 5 days EE also i would have 350ml skim milk on EE day and on green and original days would have 2 servings of 350ml skim milk for both hea choices sometimes but not always as am not a fan of cheese much , i have spoke to my consultant who cant find any fault with my food diary she doesnt know whats wrong does sw just not work for some ppl second time round?? i find on my WI days i get really bad anxiety attacks really nervous because i just feel its not working
:(

Hi again,

I never do original days so am afraid i would be useless to advise on those. Your diaries look relatively fine. I find my best losses come from Green or EE days when i have had several lots of superspeed food. You eat a lot of fruit and veg which is good. My wee tip i guess would be to try having baked beans in the 2/3 days before WI. When i feel my week has gone bad or my scales aren't showing any losses, i try to have beans at least once a day in the 3 days before WI and i swear that for me, it works. I find i pop them into anything now from Spicy Mince to pasta bake and so on.

Its always important to listen to your body so if your consultant can;t help, its maybe an idea to visit your GP especially if it is distressing you. They can maybe advise you better than your SW Consultant.

Good luck, x

heyy all , this is my first post and am really in need of some answers peeps, right well ill get right into the problem here it goes bit of a long story so.....back in 2007 when i was 17 i joined sw for first time i started at 14 st 7lbs for the first year everything was going really well and lost around 2 n half stone BUT then i did something really stupid and started cutting my food down and calories down missing out on lunches, some dinners, no syns etc because i was trying to loose weight quicker for my bf ( now fiancee) even tho he didn want me 2 i got it in my head soooo kept eating a lot less food, starving then binging at wkends and taking laxitives everyday so uve guessed it i ended up with bulimia type eating disorder( i never made myself sick tho) and i got down to 8st but my body was really taking its toll have bad digestive probs and a prolapsed bowel waiting for surgery ....so since last year i have decided to get my act together and started eating normal again but over xmas i gained a LOT of weight and now weigh 9st 10lbs and have joined sw again I AM doing it right this time eating properly but i am 8 weeks in and weigh a pound heavier than when i started i am doing it really correct i no because my body was starving for cuple of years my metaboloism is messed up but ive been eating normal now over a year it should have settled by now???my doc said weight gain could be due to contraceptive implant but have it in ovr yr n half now??:sigh: i run 20 miles a week, do exercise classes n dvds. but i am in despair i just want to get down to 8st 10lb but because its not been working im feeling really bad again if anyone can help me at all it would be appreciated thanku for reading this

I know it's little consolation but I was so relieved to read your post. I'm in exactly the same boat and have a similar story. i'm coming up to my 8th week and started off at 9st 10 and am now 9 st 11. I run 15 miles a week and it hasn't helped. Spookily, I think the the implant I have (mirena), may be having some kind of impact in making weight loss a near impossible task, but that's just a feeling I have. Hey ho, I'm going to persevere and hope that something budges. I just want to get down to 9 st, but having a real struggle. It's a little disheartening but we can but try. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.:wave_cry:

Spookily, I think the the implant I have (mirena), may be having some kind of impact in making weight loss a near impossible task, but that's just a feeling I have. :

I've had the mirena for a few years now, and I've successfully managed to lose 3 stone. There's no reason why it should stop you losing weight hun.

tinytots, your food diaries look ok to me - but I have to wonder (and I know this is going to sound counter-intuitive) if you're eating enough, considering how much exercise you're doing. If you're running 20+ miles a week, plus doing exercise classes and also DVDs, that sounds like a pretty high calorie burn - it could be that your body is clinging on to every calorie you eat for dear life!

I know it's hard, but try to be a bit kinder to yourself - stress doesn't help your metabolism either, unfortunately. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but if you feel like you're slipping back into your eating disorder, it might be an idea to go back to your doctor for a bit more help. *hugs*

There is a website called myfitnesspal, It tells you how many more cals you can have for doing exercise.
I used this site to help me diet by cal counting. It might help you work out if your eating enough x x

hiya, thanks everyone for all the advice and support really appreciate it im going to keep perservering and hopefully things will start to happen i was down at the docs today and she suggested removing the implant as all the bad symptoms not just weight gain but uncontrollable periods, hot flushes etc are coming from the implant and she reckons it could be causing my body to cling onto the weight because of the eating disorder and with me eating 'normal' again that the hormone is seeing my body as only going into adolescents so its holding onto the fat......it really sounds complicated to me but hey am not a doc so cant argue lol if theres no change with the implant out then i think ill jus concentrate on getting my motabolism stable and treating my body more kindly :)

tinytots
Good idea about the implant.
The first one was great. This is my second one and its not good. Twice I have been sure I was pregnant. Evan brought tests. I have no idea whats going on. Now I getting very bad head aches. Have tried the pill, injection and scared of getting a coil so dont know what to do.

Hope you get sorted soon and start loosing x x

Back