help please newbie to calorie counting

Nasreen.U

hi i'm because of certain circumstances i had to get off lipotrim early so i've been refeeding. I want to use refeed as a means of losing the rest of my weight so i was hoping someone could tell me how much i should take in to lose weight without going into starvation mode.

I'm 15
5ft 6in
I lost 6st 2lbs

I would like to know how many calories should i eat a day to lose weight

Welcome to the sensible forum :D

What's "refeeding"?

Try 1500 a day. This gives lots of scope for meals and you will lose weight. There's danger in going too low - especially at your age - you wouldn't want to miss out on any extra inches you could grow in height. Extra height will make anyone look slimmer :p. Aim for a long term change in habit - don't try to lose too quickly - I know that's hard to hear but you know it's true.

hi i'm because of certain circumstances i had to get off lipotrim early so i've been refeeding. I want to use refeed as a means of losing the rest of my weight so i was hoping someone could tell me how much i should take in to lose weight without going into starvation mode.

I'm 15
5ft 6in
I lost 6st 2lbs

I would like to know how many calories should i eat a day to lose weight

Well done for the brilliant loss so far :clap:

You now need to introduce carbs and calories steadily....preferably with some LT packs to support...is that possible?

To avoid starvation mode, try to keep your protein up, at least until you get up to about 1200 calories.

All the best :)

Thanks refeeding was part of my diet that i went on to lose weight it's when you slowely introduce food back into your diet.

Well done for the brilliant loss so far :clap:

You now need to introduce carbs and calories steadily....preferably with some LT packs to support...is that possible?

To avoid starvation mode, try to keep your protein up, at least until you get up to about 1200 calories.

All the best :)

I can't use the LT packs. it's why i had to get of lipotrim early, my kidneys kinda got in bad shape I think it was from lack of water, but yh thanks for the advice :D

Hi and welcome xx

best of luck xx

hi Nas, can you get information about the 'refeed' part of the LT diet?
might be a good idea to follow it as closely as you can [with out the shakes].
i know with cambridge diet ppl pile on the weight as they dont following the plan thro to the end. slowly increasing calorie intake.

one you have followed the plan all the way up then u can start calorie counting properlly

hi Nas, can you get information about the 'refeed' part of the LT diet?
might be a good idea to follow it as closely as you can [with out the shakes].
i know with cambridge diet ppl pile on the weight as they dont following the plan thro to the end. slowly increasing calorie intake.

Ahem...cough....cough...splutter...splutter :D

Some CD people don't finish the diet properly, just like some LT people don't and some LL people don't either ;)

you beat me to it KD, was about to reply with the same.

For anyone who doesn't know KD, she is a weight-loss guru to a lot of people on here, she lost a lot of weight on CD and is successfully maintaining after going up the maintenance steps, just as I and many others intend to do :)

you beat me to it KD, was about to reply with the same.

For anyone who doesn't know KD, she is a weight-loss guru to a lot of people on here, she lost a lot of weight on CD and is successfully maintaining after going up the maintenance steps, just as I and many others intend to do :)

Thankyou for the backup there :D

I'm sure preetone didn't mean it quite in the way it came out. Either that, or I'll assume she hasn't seen how fabulously our CD maintainers are doing in their forum :clap:

Nasreen. Sorry, I missed the bit about you being 15. I'm a bit surprised that your pharmacist supplied LT to you, though I guess there must be reasons.

Having said that, considering the problem you had and your age, they really do have the responsibility in guiding you off LT (IMO and all that).

Anyway, I guess that it wasn't the product that caused the problem, but rather the way you body reacted to maybe the lack of water along with a VLCD. That makes me think that using LT to supplement your diet whilst you go up the steps, would be okay (not medical advice here...again, just my opinion...seek pharmacist/doctor advice really)

Assuming though that you can't get any LT packs to help you do this safely, I'm wondering what you are doing now. How many calories? What's the plan? Are you okay adding a little extra protein etc?

sorry sorry to everyone. i really didnt mean to upset anyone at all.

what i was trying to say is that i know some ppl who did not maintain weight loss thro 'CD' type diets [i only mentioned this one as i know there is a process of coming off CD in a controlled manner] as they did not follow the plan up the differnt stages.
What i'm trying to say to Nas is that she should follow the refeed plan as closley as she can. i know you cant get the shakes but maybe a little extra protein instead.

i hope i have cleared that up, but if its still coming across wrong let me know :)

Nasreen. Sorry, I missed the bit about you being 15. I'm a bit surprised that your pharmacist supplied LT to you, though I guess there must be reasons.

Having said that, considering the problem you had and your age, they really do have the responsibility in guiding you off LT (IMO and all that).

Anyway, I guess that it wasn't the product that caused the problem, but rather the way you body reacted to maybe the lack of water along with a VLCD. That makes me think that using LT to supplement your diet whilst you go up the steps, would be okay (not medical advice here...again, just my opinion...seek pharmacist/doctor advice really)

Assuming though that you can't get any LT packs to help you do this safely, I'm wondering what you are doing now. How many calories? What's the plan? Are you okay adding a little extra protein etc?

Thanks for replying to this to my thread (i've heard lots of great things about you :D)

I was class three obese at my age so losing was very crucial for me and i suck at diets that allow food i find that harder than LT lol

right now i follow the refeed but for breakfast since i can't have the shake i have a very wall bowl of low calorie cereal and i weight the cereal and measure the milk (skimmed) that's it really it was difficult for me at first cause i started eating in hospital that's why i got off the diet and i just ate whatever they gave me which were small portions as soon as i got out of the hospital i followed refeed. i'm hoping as soon as possible to excersise and stuff sadly that's not anytime soon i can't even do P.E in school it's so boring and annoying *sigh* oh well i'll just need to be patient lol.

Back