Help please, roast spuds

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by NumNumPigsBum, 18 August 2011 Social URL.

1. NumNumPigsBum

NumNumPigsBum "The Stig" Pig

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.6lb(15.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hellew,

I have the inlaws coming around tonight for a roast and I have only ever cooked a roast once or twice. I have always cheated and bought premade roast spuds (norty). Does anyone have any lovely recipes for roast new potatoes (and how to cook them)? Pretty please :D

Fankoo in advance
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  4. ilovemygrandkids

ilovemygrandkids Member

I just simply pre boil my spuds so they are slightly co.oked then just spray with fry light and roast ..they seem to be fine and have had compliments on how nice they taste from some fussy family members

5. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I assume you mean SW friendly ways to cook them but if not then goose fat is the way to go!!!

if you do mean SW friendly ones then peel and chop your potatoes. Par boil then drain. Put the lid back on the pan and give them a shake to roughen the edges up. Fry light a tin then pour the potatoes in/ Spray with loads of frylight, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast. I find that they taste better if done slowly so do mine at 180 until brown and crispy.

6. NumNumPigsBum

NumNumPigsBum "The Stig" Pig

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.6lb(15.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thank you all!! I made some, not as crispy as I wold have liked (could have done with longer but the meat was done) but they were still nummy!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.