Help please!

Amy2009

I am really struggling today. First weigh in tomorrow and I know I've lost probably 10 lbs which is amazing but I am DESPERATE to eat!!

I have been fantasising about food, things I wouldn't normally eat, not binge foods but nice things....I won't torment you all by talking more about that but I so need some help!

I have drunk 3 litres of water so far and had a porridge, a muffin and a shake, as well as a bouillion drink.

Please help!

Amy:confused:

Just relax and remember why your trying to loose the weight, is it worth ruining over a meal? :) xx

I felt like that too Amy2009. When you see the number on the scale at your WI, the struggle would have been worth it. That feeling does pass, stick with it and soon you will be in the zone where you may even forget to have a pack.

Keep coming onto Minimins, take a look at the Inspirational Slide Show and I really recommend you read some of Blonde Logics story.

Looking forward to hearing your news tomorrow....x

Don't give in!
You're coming to the end of the first week, the crucial time when you will start to change you ways of thinking. In a few days' time you'll be thinking "meh!" when it comes to food; honestly!

As others said, just remember why you are doing this. Losing weight is far more important than some silly food that you think you need, but really don't.

It's only food!!!!

you know what it tastes like

it will be there tomorrow...in a week...in a month...in six months
and it will still taste the same

you do not need it now - you can have it, but just not now

come on, you CAN do this!!!!
daisy x

Hi - hope you have got through the last few hours OK.

Need a distraction - pop on here and the hours will pass very quickly. Or Get that sewing finished, take a long soak in the bath or sort out the cupboard.. whatever it is that can pass the time and keep your head and hands occupied.

Good luck for tomorrows wi. xx

Fingers crossed for you!!

Good luck with wi Amy :)

did you resist food last night?
daisy x

Hi Amy, Good luck for your WI today - got my first one tonight too!

I hav ereally struggled this week too for exactly the same reasons as you but we can do it - just looking at all the success stories of the others on the forum inspires me to stick with it! I've noticed that I'm going from extreme highs to lows at the moment but looking back over the week I think the highs outweigh the lows so it's all going to be ok! Keep with it, and I'm sure your weigh in today will give you the motivation to stay strong - and as someone said to me on a similar message I posted - food will still be there at the end of this! x x x

Amy - good luck for today! The first few days can be awful but the main thing to remember is the feeling will pass (I feel a bit like Gandalf saying this, but it's true!).

When I started I just couldn't understand that I would feel better soon; I thought I'd feel just as crappy for the whole 14 weeks! But it really does pass, so it's just a question of hanging in there for the time being, not forever!

As others have suggested, find something to keep you busy. There must be some corner of your house you haven't cleaned yet ;)

Hi
Not really saying anything new but can definately identify with the feeling. I have various things that helped me.
Going for a walk with the dogs or swimming - exercise really seems to help it pass for me.
Sorting out wardrobes and drawers seeing all the clothes I want to get back into
Reading diary and goals reset my motivation
Black coffee
Brushing my teeth & doing my nails - never feel like eating with minty mouth or stinky nails!
And this is the important bit for me which only remembered last week..duh! I never remember these strategies when I'm craving so I have this listed written in my diary, on a note in my phone, in a file on my desktop at home and at work. Printed out on my fridge door. Basically so it's always to hand.

Apparently it is true that we often fail because our brains forget the goals and strategies when the opportunity for old behaviours is presented or desired. How often have I munched a biscuit at a friends and then realised I didn't mean to do that!
And it is easier for our brains to remember our strategies if we have them written down, mine our written " If I feel I want to eat then I will.....". Sounds weird but there are health psychologists who swear by it. Went on a work related course to learn about something work related but came away with ideas for myself!

Oh and best of luck for today - the losses are the big motivator!

thanks guys!

I am overwhelmed with your support - it's so kind! Unfortunately I didn't get on here again yesterday - but that is because I decided to clear out my wardrobe to distract myself. Millions of lovely things I can't wear yet - and organize them in the syle of a mad librarian!

Kept me busy enough to avoid food - and I really like the post (Daisydoll?) that said 'you can have it, just not yet - it will taste the same in 6 months'. Thanks - it really struck a chord. I do appreciate your support and am hopeful for my weigh in tonight.

Good luck to Hayley for tonight - will let you all know how I do!

Amy

Am off to weigh in in 15 minutes!!

Back