Help Please

BigTrev

Hi all i am wondering if you can help i have been dieting for about 6 months and have so far lost around 2 and a half stone which i am really happy with i have gone from and from 19 stone to 16 and a half and size 40 waist to a size 34 but i am struggle to move the weight from my top half, and unfortunatly still have my man boobs, can any one advise how i can reduce or tone my upper body or is it just a case of keep doing what i am doing and it will correct itself?

Trev, just noticed that you are doing SlimFast. I am aware of the program but haven't done it before myself. Congrats on your loss so far!

Point I am making is in relation first to food, I recommend a isolate whey protein powder. It's maybe about 150 cals when made up and will give you another shake for the day. The reason being that your body needs a high amount of protein to burn fat at a good rate.

Second point is with the exercise. Do you go to the gym? Not sure if you have a membership or anything along those lines i.e. home gym? Cardio is good for all over especially the legs and mid section however if you are going to do weights on the top half you should on the bottom half as well, so not just cardio.

Here are some suggestions, again depending on your current workout routine perhaps try the following: 3 or 4 times a week;
push ups, chest press with a barbell, chin ups, lat pull down, rowing (15 mins)
3 sets of 15

If you have an iphone there is a great app called ifitness with pics and a log/chart for your entries. Also mens health mag (like the women's) have workouts featured each month and really good if you are stuck for variety or something new.

Hope that's helped.

Bren

thank you for the advise Bren i have been using the gym mostly cardio work which has been shifting the weight i wil have a look into the routines you have suggested and give them a try,i will also look into the protein shakes x

Why don't you get one of the people who work at the gym to do you a programme? Mine are always happy to help and come up with some killer ones that really get results. They're the experts!

If you want to do it from home, I would suggest Billy Blanks bootcamp of Bootcamp elite. Each set comes with a set of resistance bands that will work you hard and most exercises focus on upper body. The elite version is the more current version and comes with bands with adjustable weights but the first version is better if you have never done tae bo workouts before. That comes with normal bands. Longest DVD is about 55 mins but they provide you with a beginners workout that you can do without the bands to start with, an advanced DVD, abs, and 30 min cardio. You can also look for upper body and lower body specific DVDs sold seperate but be warned, they are hard to come by, especially the very first upper body workout. The set you get though should be enough.

Back